JESSUP, Md. (WJZ) — Eight men have been arrested in connection with prostitution in Howard County, police said Wednesday.
In a news release, the Howard County Police Department said all eight would-be johns were arrested at a hotel in Jessup on Tuesday after responding to fake online ads. They were arrested after reportedly meeting at the hotel and offering money for sex.READ MORE: COVID-19 In Maryland: Over 1,000 New Cases Reported, Key Metrics Decline
The men range in age from 19 to 49 and none live in Howard County. They include:
- Jose Luis Pons, 39, of Severn
- Emanuel Nicholas Karas, 49, of Arnold
- Frank Joachim Tarimo, 31, of Baltimore
- Sandeep Maharjan, 29, of Silver Spring
- Edwin P. Udoh, 46, of Catonsville
- Kyle Brian Nkafu-Ashu, 19, of Cockeysville
- Nelson Navas-Gomez, 37, of Brooklyn Park
- Benjamin D. Williams, 31, of Owings Mills
The arrests were part of an undercover operation, police said. All eight face solicitation of prostitution and disorderly conduct charges.MORE NEWS: FBI: Cash, Shredded Papers Seen At Toebbe's Annapolis Home In Spy Case
Mugshots were not immediately available.