PHOENIX, Md. (WJZ) — Jacksonville Elementary was named a 2020 National Blue Ribbon School.
Twenty-three Baltimore County Public Schools have now earned the honor, which celebrates both high-performing schools and those that make significant progress in closing achievement gaps.
Jacksonville Elementary is one of 10 Maryland schools, one of six public schools, to be recognized this year.
The full list includes:
- Bayside Elementary School in Stevensville
- Cash Valley Elementary School in LaVale
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville
- Hampstead Elementary School in Hampstead
- Jacksonville Elementary School in Phoenix
- Lucy V. Barnsley Elementary School in Rockville
- Mount View Elementary School in Marriottsville
- Notre Dame Preparatory School in Towson
- Our Lady of Mercy School in Potomac
- Saint Peter’s School in Olney
“We are so proud of Jacksonville Elementary School for this prestigious honor,” said BCPS Superintendent Dr. Darryl L. Williams. “Principal Debra Miller leads a talented team that offers a high-quality academic program. The teaching staff, student body, and a supportive community are fully engaged in pursuing excellence. Recognitions such as this National Blue Ribbon for Jacksonville Elementary underscore our systemwide commitment to raising the bar, closing gaps, and preparing for our future.”
Jacksonville Elementary serves nearly 500 students.