GLEN ARM, Md. (WJZ) — An electrical worker was sent to the hospital Friday after getting shocked while working on upgrading an electrical system at the Baltimore County Property Management Office, officials said.

Baltimore County Fire Department report they were called to the 12200 block of Long Green Pike in Glen Arm around 6:15 p.m.

READ MORE: Three Months After Their Daughter's Death, Maliyah Turner's Parents Are Still Seeking Justice

Firefighters arrived at the scene and found a man in cardiac arrest after being shocked, according to officials. Responders were resuscitate the man and he was taken to Bayview Medical Center.

READ MORE: Members Of Safe Streets Plan To Honor DaShawn McGrier On Saturday

The man was awake, had a pulse and was breathing on his own, but was not speaking.

He was taken to the burn unit due to the type of injuries he sustained.

MORE NEWS: With Dangerous Wind Chill, Baltimore City Under Code Blue Extreme Cold Alert

The incident remains under investigation.

CBS Baltimore Staff