MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md (WJZ) — Check your phone chargers!
The Montgomery County Fire Department said people should keep an eye on them because frayed cables could start a fire.READ MORE: COVID-19 In Maryland: 932 New Cases Reported, 11 More Deaths
In a tweet, the department said if cables are frayed, they can overheat and lead to a fire. They also added that the frayed wire can overheat phones, also causing a fire.
Have you checked your chargers lately? A frayed cable can overheat and start a fire. It can also cook your battery by causing a short circuit which can cause…a fire. Be safe & replace any worn cords and steer clear of knock-off chargers. #fridaymorning #powertrip #lookfortheUL pic.twitter.com/Tte3CLE9wsREAD MORE: 'An Incredible Therapy' | Hagerstown Doctor Says Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Provides Fast Recoveries For Some COVID Patients
— MontgomeryCo(MD)Fire (@mcfrs) February 12, 2021
They suggest people replace any worn-out charger cables and avoid using knock-off chargers.MORE NEWS: Rockville Police Officer, Maryland National Guardsman Daniel Morozewicz Arrested On Child Porn Charge