BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Eight people were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning due to a malfunctioning furnace inside of a Brooklyn rowhome Saturday night, according to Baltimore City Firefighter Union IAFF Local 734.

Baltimore City Firefighter Union IAFF Local 734 said crews found multiple sick patients inside of a rowhome in Brooklyn.

READ MORE: 88-Year-Old Man Dies After Driver Runs Off Road In Randallstown, Striking Him

The carbon monoxide level was greater than 280 ppm.

The rowhomes were evacuated, Baltimore City Firefighter Union IAFF Local 734 said.

READ MORE: MTA Cuts Light Rail Schedule Due To Shortage Of Operators, Decreases In Ridership

Eight people in various conditions were taken to area hospitals for carbon monoxide poisoning.

BGE responded to turn off the furnace.

No further information has been provided at this time.

MORE NEWS: Man Caught With 30 Pounds Of Cocaine Hidden In Wheelchair At BWI Airport

Get alerts from WJZ first! Follow WJZ on Facebook and download the app.

CBS Baltimore Staff