By CBS Baltimore Staff

HAVRE DE GRACE, Md. (WJZ) — An eight-year-old boy playing with fire caused a blaze that displaced the child’s family from their Havre De Grace home Tuesday evening, the Office of the State Fire Marshall said.

Units from the Susquehanna Hose Company responded to 426 Washington Street, for a reported fire on the top floor. Responders noticed a small fire in the third-floor bedroom, which was extinguished within five minutes.

READ MORE: 7 Shot, Including 5 Teenagers, In West Baltimore Friday Night

Officials said the fire caused $25,000 in damage.

Two adults and three children are displaced and they are being assisted by friends and family. Officials said the boy was referred to the Department of Juvenile Services.

READ MORE: ‘We Want To Prevent This From Happening Again’ Witnesses Describe Deadly Collision Between Fire Truck And Dirt Bike Rider In Baltimore As Advocates Call For Solutions

 

 

MORE NEWS: 'It's Ridiculous': Drivers React To Increase In Gas Prices

 

CBS Baltimore Staff