BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Mayor Brandon Scott is set to provide a COVID-19 update Wednesday morning, his office announced.
The press conference will be streamed live on CBSN Wednesday at 11 a.m.READ MORE: Investigation Ongoing Into Vacant Home Fire That Killed 3 Baltimore Firefighters
The mayor will be joined by Baltimore City Health Commissioner Dr. Letitia Dzirasa and a slew of health professionals in the region.
Those health professionals include:
- Dr. David Marcozzi, COVID-19 Incident Commander, University of Maryland Medical System
- Dr. Kevin Sowers, Executive Vice President, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Dr. Bradley Chambers, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Baltimore Region, MedStar Health
- Rebecca Altman, Vice President, Chief Integration Officer, Lifebridge Health
- Ed Lovern, President and CEO, Ascension Saint Agnes Hospital
- Dr. Richard Katz, Vice President of Medical Affairs, Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital
- Dr. Bradley Schlaggar, President and CEO, Kennedy Krieger Institute
The announcement comes during a coronavirus surge in the state. The Maryland Department of Health on Tuesday reported 6,218 new confirmed COVID cases in the past day, by far the most recorded in a 24-hour period.
The state’s 7-day positivity rate is now 11.64%, the highest since June 2020.MORE NEWS: Shooting At Towson Student-Centered Apartment Building Under Investigation