Man Dies Of Bacterial Infection After Eating Oysters In RestaurantHealth officials say the customer was exposed to a bacterial infection known as Vibrio vulnificus and died just two days after visiting the Sarasota eatery.
Health Risks Increasing For Flesh-Eating BacteriaVibrio naturally occurs in brackish water, like the Chesapeake. In summer, it increases.
CDC: Stop Going Into Hotel Pools And Hot Tubs With DiarrheaCDC officials say that over 27,000 people have gotten sick because of water-related pathogens since 2000.
Heavy Drinking Could Increase 'Bad' Bacteria In Mouth, Study FindsPeople who drink more than the recommended daily limit of alcohol may harbor an unhealthy mix of bacteria in their mouths, a new study suggests.
Bathroom Hand Dryers Spray Feces Particles On Your Hands, Study SaysResearchers say the machines which are designed to blow hot air on you are actually sucking up feces particles and spraying them onto your hands.
Bag It Up: Dog Poop A Major Environmental Pollutant, Reports FindWhile many areas in the U.S. try to crack down on the littering aspect of not cleaning up after your dog, studies are also finding that dog poop is becoming a major environmental hazard too.
Antibiotic Resistant 'Nightmare Bacteria' Spreading In U.S., CDC WarnsInfections of this kind are "virtually untreatable with modern medicine," CDC Principal Deputy Director Dr. Anne Schuchat said in a press briefing on April 3.
Md. Hospital Shuts Down NICU Again Over Deadly Bacteria For the second time in three months, a Maryland hospital has shut down its neonatal intensive care unit after babies tested positive for potentially deadly bacteria.
More Cases of Superbug Precursor Reported, But No Spread A fourth U.S. person has been diagnosed with bacteria resistant to a last resort antibiotic, but researchers are expressing relief that so far these superbug precursors have not spread to others.
Boil Water Advisory Lifted In Prince George's CountyThe Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission says customers in areas of Prince George’s County no longer need to boil their water prior to use.
High Bacteria Levels Found In Lake OgletonHealth officials are warning people to avoid the water near a pier in Lake Ogleton after high bacteria levels were found there.
Research: Bacteria Can Live On Airplane Surfaces For A Week+Before you take your next flight, you may want to take along a little extra hand sanitizer. New research shows bacteria can hang around on airplane surfaces for more than a week.
Running Tough Mudder? Beware Not To Ingest The WaterMany people these days are participating in 'tough mudders' to stay fit in a fun way. But they may want to practice keeping their mouths shut.
Md. Warns Of Possible Bacteria In Porridge ProductMaryland health officials are warning people against eating a porridge product because of the potential presence of dangerous bacteria in it.
Report Finds 97 Percent Of Chicken Is Contaminated With Harmful BacteriaConsumer Reports finds that up to 97 percent of chicken we eat is contaminated with harmful bacteria.