MILLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Firefighters say legal fireworks left in a trash in the garage of an Annapolis home caused an estimated$250,000 in damages.

County firefighters responded to the two-story home in the 200-block of Providence Road in the Mulberry Hills community of Annapolis on Tuesday around 12:15 a.m.

READ MORE: Road Closures & Parking Restrictions To Expect For The Preakness Stakes

Fire could be seen coming from an attached garage roof. Inside, two vehicles were damaged.

Twenty-nine firefighters from Anne Arundel,  Annapolis and the Naval Academy were able to bring the one-alarm incident under control in 30 minutes.

READ MORE: With Near-Record Heat On Tap For The Preakness, Be Sure To Stay Cool

Three residents were able to escape the home prior to the arrival of the fire department.

It is unclear whether smoke alarms in the home were operable.

MORE NEWS: Employee Shot At Owings Mills Pizza Shop

Red Cross assistance was not needed and no injuries were reported.