MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Investigators are trying to determine the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a barn near Mount Airy.
Just before 4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters arrived in the 13600-block of Glissans Mill Road to find a 60’x60’ barn fully engulfed in fire.
The incident commander quickly requested additional water tankers because there was no public water system in the immediate area.
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene and the bulk of the fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
The total loss was estimated at $500,000.
The cause and origin of the fire remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Police: Man Had 3-Year-Old In Vehicle While Shooting At, Fleeing From Officers
- Md. Police Officer Accused Of Raping Woman During Traffic Stop
- Mo’s Seafood To Pay $1M To Fmr. Employees As Part Of Settlement
- Neighbor Saw Driver In Fatal Hit-And-Run Get Out Before Leaving
- Major Crash Closes Portion Of 695 During Monday Afternoon Commute