COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Significant backups are expected after a gas leak in Cockeysville.
It happened shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 10500-block of York Road.
Authorities say construction workers had broken a gas line while working in the area. There have been no reports of injuries at this time.
Because of the gas leak, the traffic pattern on York Road between Warren Road and Railroad Avenue is being altered. Both northbound and southbound traffic on York Road will run in the southbound lanes in this area. Northbound lanes will be closed.
Motorists are encouraged to find an alternate route around the area.
Crews are on the scene but have no estimated time in which repairs will be finished.
Stay with CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Md. Attorney General Joins Multi-State Lawsuit Challenging President Trump’s Declaration Of National Emergency At Southern Border
- Orioles Spring Training Sees First Full Squad Workout
- Howard County Hosts Ellicott City Flood Mitigation Grant Meeting
- Police Looking For Critically Missing Howard County Man
- Police Find Nothing Suspicious After Bomb Threat At Towson Target