COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Significant backups are expected after a gas leak in Cockeysville.
It happened shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 10500-block of York Road.
Authorities say construction workers had broken a gas line while working in the area. There have been no reports of injuries at this time.
Because of the gas leak, the traffic pattern on York Road between Warren Road and Railroad Avenue is being altered. Both northbound and southbound traffic on York Road will run in the southbound lanes in this area. Northbound lanes will be closed.
Motorists are encouraged to find an alternate route around the area.
Crews are on the scene but have no estimated time in which repairs will be finished.
Stay with CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Towson Man Killed In Overnight Hit And Run
- Hundreds Of Children Celebrate Christmas Early In Annual Shop With A Cop
- $100K Reward Offered To Help Solve 1996 Murder Of Towson Student
- Car Service Driver Shot In Attempted Robbery In White Marsh
- Md. Woman Says She’s ‘Shocked’ After Seeing Little Girl Steal Package From Her Porch