By Alex Darcey
When you turn on your TV to watch your favorite sports athlete, most of the time you only see these competitors as sports figures. Sometimes we forget that they are humans just like me and you. Most of these players have an interesting life full of passions outside their respective sports. We interviewed a ton of big name athletes on CBS Local’s Pre-Game Playlist and Player Style Files and I’ve compiled a list of the most interesting answers to the question – “When you aren’t playing your sport, what is your favorite thing to do?”READ MORE: Now That Students Have Returned To The Classroom, One Question Remains: Are Children Safe?
1. Jason Hammel, Pitcher for the Chicago Cubs – Collecting Legos. (Although he is 31, you are never too old for Legos.)
2. Chris Ogbonnaya, Full Back for the Cleveland Browns – Playing the Guitar. (Pretty sweet skills too!)
3. Patrick Chung, Safety for the New England Patriots – Drawing.
READ MORE: 'I'm All About Ellicott City' Ellicott City Residents & Business Owners React To Number 10 Ranking On Money Magazine's 'Best Places To Live List'
4. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, Professional Boxer – Go-Kart Racing and Horseback Riding. (The dude rides horses bareback.)
5. Stevie Johnson, Receiver for the San Francisco 49ers – Rapper/Song Writer.
6. Shane Proctor, Professional Bull Rider – Building Custom Leather Goods
MORE NEWS: Audit Finds Electronic Tolls Overbilled Maryland Drivers
You can check out all of our Pre-Game Playlists and Player Style Files here at CBSLocalSports.com.