POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Dozens of rescue personnel worked for more than three hours to free two workers trapped up to the necks in mud when a trench collapse pinned them to the foundation of a home.
Montgomery County fire and rescue officials said the workers were freed Thursday evening.
The accident occurred on Martingale Court in Potomac. The workers became trapped in a 15- to 20-foot trench while doing work on the home that required digging down to its foundation.
The workers were conscious and breathing throughout the rescue, which involved more than 50 workers.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Police Car With Smashed Windows Raises Concerns In Baltimore
- Solarte Hits Go-Ahead Homer, Blue Jays Sweep Woeful Orioles
- Woman Struck, Injured By Umbrella On Beach In Ocean City
- Violent Weekend: 4 Dead, 11 Injured In 15 Baltimore Shootings
- Areal Flood Warnings, Flash Flood Watches Issued In Maryland