ARLINGTON, Va. (WJZ) — The woman who became ill near the Pentagon does not have Ebola.
Pentagon police called Arlington County Fire Department to the scene after they found a woman ill and vomiting in the South Parking Lot around 9:10 a.m.
The woman told the ACFD she had recently visited West Africa while they were transporting her to the Virginia Hospital Center. She did not get out of the ambulance, according to Arlington officials, which then transported the patient to Fairfax Inova Hospital.
Based on the public health investigation, which included the travel history of the woman, and on questioning by her medical staff, medical authorities are confident she does not have the deadly virus.
Arlington officials say they took all necessary precautions to protect public health during this event. They are beginning to break down those operations now.
This story is developing, we’ll have more on this story today.
Other Local News:
- BPD Investigating KKK Flyers Found In South Baltimore
- Congressional Democrats: Admin Emails Show Trump Personally Intervened To Keep FBI Headquarters Downtown
- Police Looking For 4 Suspects After Uber Driver Is Carjacked In Montgomery County
- Dorothy Ruby Slippers Back Home At National Museum Of American History
- Judge Sets Manafort’s Sentencing Date For February