ARLINGTON, Va. (WJZ) — The woman who became ill near the Pentagon does not have Ebola.
Pentagon police called Arlington County Fire Department to the scene after they found a woman ill and vomiting in the South Parking Lot around 9:10 a.m.
The woman told the ACFD she had recently visited West Africa while they were transporting her to the Virginia Hospital Center. She did not get out of the ambulance, according to Arlington officials, which then transported the patient to Fairfax Inova Hospital.
Based on the public health investigation, which included the travel history of the woman, and on questioning by her medical staff, medical authorities are confident she does not have the deadly virus.
Arlington officials say they took all necessary precautions to protect public health during this event. They are beginning to break down those operations now.
This story is developing, we’ll have more on this story today.
Other Local News:
- Head-On Crash Leaves One Person Dead In Westminster Friday, Police Say
- Judge Overturns $38 Million Wrongful Death Award In Korryn Gaines Case
- Former NBA-Star Avoids Jail Time After Being Caught With Marijuana In 2018
- Maryland Lawmakers Wrestle With End Of Life Options Act
- Newborn Baltimore Triplets Defy The Odds