MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The NFL has suspended Adrian Peterson without pay for at least the rest of the season.
The league said Tuesday it informed the Minnesota Vikings running back he will not be considered for reinstatement before April 15 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy.
The NFL Players Association quickly announced its plan to appeal the punishment.
Peterson pleaded no contest Nov. 4 to misdemeanor reckless assault in Texas for injuries to his 4-year-old son he was disciplining. He had been on paid leave from the team since Sept. 17.
Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Aug. 28 an enhanced crackdown on players involved with domestic violence.
By DAVE CAMPBELL – AP Pro Football Writer
Latest Sports Stories:
- Carrasco Gets 15th Win, Ramirez Homers As Indians Top O’s
- Maryland’s 2018 Football Season: A ‘Challenging Situation’
- Stream The Wyndham Championship
- WWE Insiders Pick SummerSlam
- Plawecki’s Slam Helps Power Mets To 16-5 Rout Of Orioles