MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The NFL has suspended Adrian Peterson without pay for at least the rest of the season.
The league said Tuesday it informed the Minnesota Vikings running back he will not be considered for reinstatement before April 15 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy.
The NFL Players Association quickly announced its plan to appeal the punishment.
Peterson pleaded no contest Nov. 4 to misdemeanor reckless assault in Texas for injuries to his 4-year-old son he was disciplining. He had been on paid leave from the team since Sept. 17.
Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Aug. 28 an enhanced crackdown on players involved with domestic violence.
By DAVE CAMPBELL – AP Pro Football Writer
Latest Sports Stories:
- Diaz Has Winning Hit As Blue Jays Beat Orioles 8-7 In 10
- Machado Joins Dodgers After Deal With Orioles
- Former Oriole Manny Machado Issues Farewell Message To Baltimore
- Meet New Orioles Prospect Dean Kremer — The First Israeli To Sign With MLB Club
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: Baseball Looks Ahead