BALTIMORE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore’s Star-Spangled Spectacular drew an estimated 1.43 million visitors this September, officials announced on Tuesday.
According to officials, the Spectacular, which took place on September 10-16, generated $96.53 million including $93.53 million by non-local visitors, $1.24 million by vendors and sponsors, and $1.75 million in event host spending.
The Spectacular, eight Chesapeake Campaign events in 2013-2014 and June 2012 Star-Spangled Sailabration had a combined economy impact of $333 million on the Maryland economy.
“These events all over the state brought in millions of dollars in revenues to help strengthen our States’ economy,” said Governor Martin O’Malley.
From tall ships to naval vessels, it was the waterfront attraction that people far and near came to see.
“We welcomed the world to Baltimore and showcased our amazing city and wonderful people said Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake. As we continue our efforts to grow the City by 10,000 families, events like this serve as priceless opportunities for us to showcase all Baltimore has to offer.”
Other Local News:
- Federal Trial Began Monday In Killing Of Fort Meade Soldier
- Baltimore Police Investigating After Officer Failed To Respond To Call For Man With Gun
- Recovery Continues For Dog Found In Pile Of Trash
- Maryland State Police Searching For This Man
- Four Baltimore County Public School Graduates Receive National Merit Scholarships