ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)–A deadly discovery inside the remains of an Annapolis mansion that burned to the ground this week. Two bodies were uncovered as investigators dug through what’s left of the home.

Christie Ileto has more on the news neighbors feared.

READ MORE: Richardson Carries Colgate Over Loyola (Md.) 65-52

The bodies have been taken to the coroner’s office for an autopsy. Many had been holding out hope the six individuals unaccounted for would not be found inside that home, but buried amongst the debris was the tragic confirmation.

What many feared from the start is now true.

“We located the bodies of two individuals,” said Russ Davies.

Official confirmation someone was inside the once-majestic mansion leveled to soot and stone in a raging inferno Monday. The home known as “The Castle” belonged to tech exec Don Pyle and his wife Sandy.

READ MORE: Holden, Timberlake Lift Towson Over Delaware 69-62

“We can’t specify if they were adults or children and we still have four people unaccounted for,” Davies said.

Wednesday, federal investigators got their first up-close look at the charred evidence. Desperate to find a cause, cadaver canines will search for clues and any explosive accelerants.

For security purposes, nobody is allowed onto the road unless they live there. Fire investigators do not suspect foul play but are treating this as a crime scene.

Neighbors and relatives long feared the couple’s grandchildren were inside. In a letter to parents, the Severn School confirmed it.

Woods Memorial Church held all-day community prayers for the family.

Reality is now sinking in as investigators work to unravel the questions everyone’s been asking.

MORE NEWS: Lehner Makes 34 Saves, Golden Knights Shut Out Capitals 1-0

Investigators say the home is so large, it will take days to go through. The search will start again Thursday morning.