JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)—An 11-year-old has died from her injuries after a fire tore through a mobile home on Friday morning.

Authorities say they responded just before 1 a.m. to the 1100 block of Mountain Road off Pulaski Highway in Joppa for a reported fire.

At the scene, police say they found an 11-year-old unconscious in the rear bedroom of the camper. She was transported to an area hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. She later died from her injuries, police said.joppa fire

Approximately 25 area firefighters battled the blaze on Friday, bringing the fire under control within 20 minutes. Investigators believe faulty electrical wiring in the living room started the fire.

Homicide detectives are investigating this incident, the damages of the fire is estimated at $6,600.


Leave a Reply