HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — Two dogs have died and two others have been rescued after a Hagerstown home’s kitchen caught on fire.

The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown (http://bit.ly/1FKXEWL ) reports that the fire occurred on Monday morning at a house on Sheridan Avenue.

Capt. Justin Mayhue of the Longmeadow Volunteer Fire Co. says the fire was contained to the kitchen and took about 15 minutes to control.

He says the home’s two residents were not present at the time of the fire.

Sr. Deputy State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst says it appeared that the fire began when one of the dogs jumped on the counter and accidentally turned on the stove.

Ernst estimated the damage to the home at $75,000.
Information from: The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md., http://www.herald-mail.com

(Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply