BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Violence tears across the Baltimore this holiday weekend.
At least 21 people are shot, three people are dead and three of those injured are children.READ MORE: Maryland 'Drivers Should Proceed As Normal,' Officials Say Don't 'Panic Buy' Gas After Colonial Pipeline Hack
Shots rang out on Saturday night in the 900 block of McAleer Court. Police say two children, ages 4 and 6, and a 61-year-old woman were caught in the crossfire of a shooting in east Baltimore.
Police say a gunman started firing after a dice game broke up nearby. The children and the 61-year-old in a wheelchair, were all transported to the hospital, but are expected to survive.
“It’s scary. Scary to walk the streets. You don’t feel safe anymore. Your kids don’t have anywhere to play or anything,” said Jamie Queen.
“That person should not be walking the streets right now without a name attached to him as a trigger puller that could have killed a four and a 6-year-old,” said Baltimore Police Spokesperson, T.J. Smith.
The violent streak started Friday afternoon.
- 1 SHOT: Police tell WJZ a victim walked into the hospital suffering a graze wound on Monday night.
- 1 SHOT: 9:45 p.m. 2700 Beryl Avenue | Man shot in the body.
- 1 SHOT: 9:25 a.m. 2100 block of Aiken Street | 16-year-old girl shot in the calf.
- 3 SHOT: 2:00 a.m. 700 Mura Street | 23-year-old woman shot in the neck, 20-year-old woman suffered grazed wound to the arm, man shot in the neck.
- 3 SHOT: 1:00 a.m. 2600 East Monument | 23-year-old woman shot in the leg, 22-year-old woman shot in the abdomen, 34-year-old shot/killed after gunshot wound to the chest.
- 3 SHOT: 10:00 p.m. 2300 Wilkens Ave. | 29-year-old man shot/killed after gunshot wound to the chest, 62-year-old woman shot in the arm, 29-year-old man shot in the leg.
- 1 SHOT: 9:38 p.m. 1600 North Ellamont Street | 21-year-old shot in the buttocks.
- 3 SHOT: 8:10 p.m. 900 McAleer Court | 61-year-old woman shot in the leg, 4-year-old girl shot in the foot, 6-year-old boy shot in the leg.
- 1 SHOT: 1:26 p.m | 4600 York Road | Police find man suffering from gunshot wound near Coldspring Lane.
- 1 SHOT: 11:00 p.m. 6100 Shipview Way | 28-year-old shot/killed after gunshot wound to the torso.
- 1 SHOT: 10:20 p.m. 3200 Spaulding Ave. | 32-year-old man shot in the ankle
- 1 SHOT: 6:25 p.m. 4200 Audrey Ave. | 35-year-old man shot in the foot
- 1 SHOT: 8:50 p.m. 1900 Clifton Ave. | 32-year-old man shot in the head.
Surveillance video shows a man shooting another person at point blank along the busy York Road.READ MORE: Maryland Boy Remains Critical, After Gunman Kills His Parents Inside Their Laurel Home
Then in just a four-hour stretch three more triple shootings!
Sunday night in the Carrollton Ridge neighborhood a man was killed and two other people are injured.
Hours later, around 1:00 a.m. Monday in McElderry Park a man is killed and two women are injured.
A hour later, in Johnston Square, three more people shot–two of them critically.
“We have to take a stand and stand up for our community,” said Councilman Brandon Scott.
Scott is frustrated with the violence, calling on witnesses to come forward.
“When it’s children and seniors we have to step up for those who there’s no one else to speak up for them.”
He says violence must be treated like the epidemic it is in our community.
Police are looking into whether any of these shootings are connected.
City police need the public’s help. No suspect has been arrested in connection to any of the six shooting incidents. Anyone with any information is asked to call police at 1-866 7LOCKUP.
Baltimore Police tell WJZ the 21st victim walked into the hospital on Monday night suffering from a graze wound.MORE NEWS: People May Elect To Wear Masks Even After Mandates Are Lifted, Experts Say