BALTIMORE (WJZ) — As students get ready to hit the books this fall, those at a number of Maryland colleges and universities can do so knowing they’re at some of the best schools in the country.
The Princeton Review is out with its annual college rankings list, and 11 Maryland schools are among the top 385 in the country.READ MORE: Maryland Weather: Nor'Easter Snowstorm Arrives
On the list are:
- St. John’s College; Annapolis
- U.S. Naval Academy; Annapolis
- Goucher College; Baltimore
- Johns Hopkins University; Baltimore
- Loyola University Maryland; Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County; Baltimore
- Washington College; Chestertown
- University of Maryland, College Park; College Park
- Salisbury University; Salisbury
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland; St. Mary’s City
- McDaniel College; Westminster
The rankings are based on surveys of 140,000 students asking questions about academics, the campus community and administration.
All 11, plus the Maryland Institute College of Art, Hood College and Towson University were also included in the tutoring and test preparation company’s best schools in the northeast list.READ MORE: More Than 100 Flights Canceled As Nor'Easter Sweeps Over BWI
Monday, MONEY Magazine released their rankings of the best colleges for the money, and several Maryland schools also made that list.
The University of Maryland, College Park ranked number 43 out of more than 700 schools on the list.
Also on the list are:
- Towson University, #107
- Johns Hopkins University, #125
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland, #169
- McDaniel College, #173
- Salisbury University, #190
- Loyola University Maryland, #303
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, #366
- Washington College, #414
- Hood College, #531
- Bowie State University, #567
- Goucher College, #583
- Mount St. Mary’s University, #655
- Maryland Institute College of Art, #699
To make the list, each school had to have at least 500 students, have sufficient data to analyze, not be in financial distress and have an at or above-average graduation rate, the magazine said in announcing its rankings.