ZEBULON, N.C. (CBS Local) — A North Carolina woman who was on oxygen died Tuesday after the cigarette she was smoking blew up her nearby oxygen tank, authorities said.

Emergency crews were called to a home in Zebulon, according to a release from the Nash County Sheriff’s Office.

READ MORE: M&T Bank Stadium Opens As COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Site Thursday

Belinda Coble, 61, had medical issues that required her to be on oxygen, CBS affiliate WNCN reported.

Investigators said her cigarette ignited the oxygen tank, causing a small explosion and fire.

Coble’s husband was asleep in another room in the home. The explosion and sound of the smoke alarm woke him up, the release said.

MORE NEWS: Southwest Airlines Adding Flights From BWI Airport To Destin-Fort Walton Beach, Florida

He managed to put out the fire, which caused minimal property damage, and called 911 emergency dispatch.