By CBS Baltimore Staff

WOODBINE, Md. (WJZ) — A one-alarm fire that started in the attic of a Carroll County home Sunday night caused $400,000 in damage, the state fire marshal’s office said Monday.

The fire broke out around 8:46 p.m. in the 1800 block of Gillis Falls Road in Woodbine. Sixty firefighters were able to put out the flames in around 90 minutes.

READ MORE: COVID-19 In Maryland: State Has Administered Over 50K Booster Shots

Photo credit: Sykesville-Freedom District Fire Department

Fire officials said the blaze appears to have been caused by a malfunctioning HVAC unit.

READ MORE: Pedestrian Who Left Rideshare Struck And Killed On JFX Overnight

The American Red Cross is helping the family of four who lived in the home who have been displaced.

MORE NEWS: Baltimore Man Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting

No injuries were reported.

CBS Baltimore Staff