BLOG: You Can’t Be Considered A Great QB…

If you can’t make simple throws.  Yes, there’s some pressure being it was 4th and 2. The Ravens were now trailing the Pittsburgh Steelers 13-10 and if you don’t get the yards the game is over.  Think about it though.  Does Peyton Manning bounce the ball in there?  How about Tom Brady?  OK, those guys are Hall of Famers.  How about Phillip Rivers or Matt Ryan?  Michael Vick, Aaron Rodgers,  or Drew Brees?  Still too hard?  OK, I think Sam Bradford, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning and Donovan McNabb all make that throw.  Why, because they are NFL QB’s and they’re supposed to make that throw.

That’s just my opinion though.

Ken Weinman – Host of The Ken Weinman Show on 105.7 The Fan

1. Die Hard Skins Fan says:

Give Flaco a break he made a great throw the 1st game against Pittsburgh and you guys split with the Steelers this year. Im a Redskins fan and I’m tired of fake Ravens fans. Every time you lose you guys are throwing people under the bus. To me you guys are some of the least football educated fans in the NFL.

2. Terry says:

Get real… I’m a Colts fan but I’ve seen all those QBs including Peyton make poor decisions and bad throws. Flacco is a very good up and coming QB. I would certainly take him over McNabb or Cutler. He may not be the best in the league but he is far from the worst.

3. cyrus says:

I think we need a new head coach!

1. Kathy says:

Right. . . Joe makes a bad throw and we need to fire Coach Harbaugh? Moron!

1. Tony Lttg White says:

what did john do to get fired…… take us to the playoffs every year since he been here get real //…. go RAVENS i still expect a superbowl this year frm you guys

4. MC says:

Who are you and why is this a blog? If I were you7 I’d question my career choice. Ravens fans by the way are THE most educated football fans. Don’t you get it?? We’re all armchair quarterbacks and nothing is good enough!!

5. James says:

“To me you guys are some of the least football educated fans in the NFL.” This doesn’t speak for all of us. We lost that’s it. You can’t dwell on the lose because you have a game a week from now. Yes he probably should have made the throw, but it happens. Peyton has thrown 11 interceptions in the last 3 games. Since Cincy Flacco has only thrown I think 2 or 3. He has some more work to do, but the majority of Baltimore has faith in him. Cam Cameron eh we will see. When you get a lead you can’t sit on it. Look at the Patriots and Jets game.

6. matt says:

you probably took the ravens and layed the points – that why you are really upset!

7. cyrus says:

It seems to me that Ravens run out steam in the second half of every game!

8. Taylor says:

I agree with the blogger. Flacco is one of the weakest links in the offense. Derrick Mason got in his face a few weeks ago because Mason is used to getting the ball when he is wide open. I read that Tom Brady has almost a 6th sense to feel when someone is behind him. Peyton Manning throws the ball an hour before team warm ups. Flacco needs to step up his game. He is better than some of our past QBs, but he ain’t all that.

9. MVS says:

As you will well see i know very little about football. However i have been watching and as much as i think Flacco isn’t all that great the line needs to do better at protecting him. And when they don’t he needs to run just like he did one play (only one) against Pittsburgh. If he can’t throw then run . PS promise i am learning

10. Mike says:

I love my QB . I Love my Coaches. We are too flipping spoiled as Ravens fans and do not appreciate nothing, Joe is a good QB. He will be a great QB soon. We will go far this year possibly the Big Dance. Just hold on and enjoy the show. It wasn’t that long ago that Kyle Boller was our QB and wed be lucky to be a .500 football team. So my one plea to Ravens fan is this…….. Stop hating……we couldn’t do any better!

11. Katie says:

Did anyone watch Peyton Manning on Sunday? How many interceptions is that this year? Yea…. And Phillip Rivers, aka ‘biggest cry baby in the league’ got spanked by the Raiders not once but TWICE this season! I’m not taking away from their talent but if you didn’t know then before this season, you would be wondering WHY they’re being nominated as MVP’s and Hall of Famers.

I’m tired of these so called ‘die hard Ravens fans’ saying ‘put Bulger in, give him a chance’ whenever Flacco has an off game. Um, where were you when he was in St. Louis? Look at St. Louis last season and look at St. Louis now. A true fan sticks with their team no matter what.

And by the way, this happens to be a TEAM sport so don’t just blame Flacco. Let’s blame the offensive line for not being able to hold strong, let’s blame McClain for his stupid intentional personal fouls, one which happened to cost us the game against New England. Blame Cam Cameron and the sometimes bad play calling. Would you rather go back to the days of Kyle Boller? Yea, didn’t think so.

It’s always a tough pill to swallow losing to the Steelers. It just seems that no one has caught onto the fact that this season the Steelers have been a 4th quarter team. I get so excited watching the score ticker on the bottom of the screen during other games and seeing the Steelers losing. Then all of a sudden 5 minutes left in the game and here come the Steelers roaring back. You gotta wonder how they pull it off since Mr. Pearly Whites (Hines Ward) hasn’t really done much this season. Trust me, I’ve got the fantasy points, or lack there of, to prove it. But as I stated before, it’s a TEAM sport and you can’t blame or give credit to just ONE player. Plus there’s been a lot of bad refereeing, ALL over the NFL but let me not get into that…

Let’s not forget how the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000. We came in as a WILD CARD. So let’s not doubt our team because we’ve done it before, who’s to say we can’t do it again. And let me remind you, we’re coming up on Week 14, nothing is set in stone and who knows maybe the Ravens can win the AFC North. There’s still hope for a Steelers crash a burn.

If you say you’re a Ravens fan, then ACT like a Ravens fan and believe in your team. Try being a Detroit fan.

12. AF says:

our head coach is just fine….. its Zorn we need to get rid of!! Look at Jason Campbell now that he’s with the Raiders….. case and point. FIRE ZORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Fanatical says:

Check the video. Flacco’s pass was tipped. We didn’t lose the game because of a 4th down play. It was a sack to take us out of field goal range. It was encroachment. It was holding, It was illegal motion. it was not recognizing a blitz by, of all people, Polamalu. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? Does Flacco have any pocket presence at all? What is Zorn and Cameron teaching him when they look at film?