Baltimore Child-Care Center Evacuated For CO Leak

BALTIMORE (AP) — A Baltimore fire spokesman says no one was injured by a carbon monoxide leak that prompted the evacuation of a child care center.

Fire spokesman Kevin Cartwright says the Pleasant View Gardens Child Care Center was evacuated Friday after the administrator heard carbon monoxide detectors activate. Cartwright said 36 students and 12 teachers and staff were evacuated to another building.

The fire spokesman said none of the occupants showed any symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure, although five students were taken to a nearby hospital as a precaution.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live