Police Identify Carbon Monoxide Victims

PIKESVILLE, Md. (AP) — Police have identified two men who died after a release of carbon monoxide in a Pikesville home.

The victims were Enael Garcia Lemus, 27, and Nelvy Arodain Salguero, 26. Their bodies were found Sunday morning in a basement bedroom of the home. The state medical examiner is conducting autopsies to confirm the cause of death.

Eight other occupants of the home were sickened by carbon monoxide, as were three police officers. Baltimore County police say officers were told that the residents had been having trouble with the furnace.

Carbon monoxide was measured in the home at 400 parts per million, more than 11 times the level that causes CO detectors to sound.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live