wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35
FIRST WARNING WEATHER: Frost Advisory  Current Conditions | Video Forecast | Radar

Local

Police Identify Carbon Monoxide Victims

View Comments
carbon monoxide detector

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

PIKESVILLE, Md. (AP) — Police have identified two men who died after a release of carbon monoxide in a Pikesville home.

The victims were Enael Garcia Lemus, 27, and Nelvy Arodain Salguero, 26. Their bodies were found Sunday morning in a basement bedroom of the home. The state medical examiner is conducting autopsies to confirm the cause of death.

Eight other occupants of the home were sickened by carbon monoxide, as were three police officers. Baltimore County police say officers were told that the residents had been having trouble with the furnace.

Carbon monoxide was measured in the home at 400 parts per million, more than 11 times the level that causes CO detectors to sound.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus