Purple Friday Rallies Take Over Maryland

BALTIMORE (WJZ)—It’s Purple Friday across Maryland as the Ravens get ready for their first stop on the road to the Super Bowl.

In less than 48 hours, the Ravens will face the Chiefs in the first round of the playoffs in Kansas City. Fans all across town are ready for a big win.

Kelly McPherson was out all day taking in every Purple Friday pep rally around town.

From flashy flamingos to real Ravens to a skyline decorated in team colors, Baltimore fans are pulling out all the stops to support their team and celebrate with the Ravens cheerleaders.

“We love ’em. We support ’em. And they’re going all the way,” said one fan.

The rallies started before 6 a.m., crisscrossing the region.

“I took off work. They know I’m here.  So I’m just spending the day celebrating our win on Sunday,” said Carol Fabian.

Fans say they expect to see the Ravens spanking the Kansas City Chiefs.

Pitchers of drinks are revving up these Ravens fans for a win of any kind on Sunday.

“A nail biter to the very end. That’s just the way it is. Accept it,” said Silvia Lee, Parkville. “But that’s OK; that’s OK.  As long as we win, I do not care.”

“I want to say good luck to the Ravens, and Pappas has great food; they really do,” said one fan.

“I’m probably going to watch it with my mom and my dad,” said one little girl.

“How many points?  Enough.  Enough points,” said a fan.

The skyline in Harbor East is still lit purple. If the Ravens do not win on Sunday, there will be a lot of disappointed fans.

Don’t forget, you can see the Ravens travel to Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday at 1 p.m. on WJZ-13.

Comments

1. LM Purple Pride says:

Legg Mason did not have a cherry picker, Don… but Legg Mason DID have an airplane with a message for the Ravens to W.I.N.!!! How’s THAT for team spirit?

2. max says:

Wow, I watched the morning news and they were at Padonia Station for a Ravens party.. I was hoping that the footage was shot last pm but somehow I don’t think it was.. It was 7am and there were multiple people at the bar drinking beer (the breakfast of champions) and there was a child there.. He looked to be about 10 or so. I’m not sure about the MD laws but I honestly thought it was illegal to have a child at the bar.. Either way, that was something for Daddy or Mommy to be proud of as they sit at the bar drinking beer with their kid. Maybe he’ll grow up to be a drunk too. I can support the Ravens just as well and I dont have to slug beers in the am to do it either.

3. skinny says:

1. max says:

sorry for the duplicate comment. I tried to post it under Max and it wouldn’t let me. Looks like it took it after all

4. Valerie Jadoo Mohammed says:

Ravens all the way!!!!!!!!!

5. Sünnet Davetiyeleri says:

davetiye modelleri ve dugun davetiyeleri cok guzel