Md. Couple Hospitalized With CO Poisoning

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s County fire officials say a couple has been hospitalized after their home lost power during the snowstorm and they used a gasoline generator inside the house.

Fire/EMS spokesman Mark Brady says a 911 call was received Thursday about 10 a.m. from a Fairmount Heights home. A man and woman were found suffering from carbon monoxide exposure.

Brady says the couple were using the generator to power electric appliances.

Firefighters in Prince George’s County also battled four blazes Wednesday night and Thursday morning in homes that had lost power because of the storm. One woman was seriously hurt when she became trapped in a second-floor bedroom.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live