Md. Man Dies While Trimming Tree

MANCHESTER, Md. (AP) — Officials say a Maryland man is dead after falling while trimming a tree.

The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office says deputies were called to a Manchester home a little after 11 a.m. Saturday.

The sheriff’s office says Sidney Wayne Diehl of Westminster had been helping friends trim the top of a large tree when the tree splintered. Diehl fell nearly 10 feet before he was stopped by a safety harness he was wearing.

The sheriff’s office says that although the harness stopped Diehl’s fall the tree continued to break. When rescue teams arrived they found Diehl dead.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office at 410-386-2574.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. gary says:

why does money need to be spent to investigate the obvious?

2. Herman Glimsher says:

COULD INVOLVE FOUL PLAY.

3. Vernon says:

Sid made the world a better place for many people, it’s no surprise he lost his life helping someone. This is a sad, sad event.

1. Bullfrog says:

Vernon, You are so right, Rest In Peace Sid. You were truly loved and will be missed immensely.

4. Jeannine Peregoy says:

Sid Dehil Gone but not forgotten. A man that deied doing what he did best. Helping other people. What a Sad day for all that new him. We will miss you Sid.

5. Elizabeth Barnhart says:

R.I.P So sorry for his family’s loss

6. Lisa A. Alford says:

I live on Wentz Road and wondered what all the activity was about? I will keep his family in my prayer’s. So sorry, sound’s like he was an awesome person!

7. wayne shrader says:

Although shocked and deeply saddened by the news of his death, I feel blessed to have known Sid as a freind. Vernon is right, it is no suprise he died helping someone else, because he spent so much time doing so. His life touched so many others and his legacy will live on through his family, friends, and coworkers. Rest in Peace my friend.

8. ted says:

I work with Sid ,( Clarence, I called him at work) We always joked around. What a Great Guy !!! I spoke with him on friday afternoon just before leaving, I will always remember His smile. Buddy You will be missed. My prayers are with You and Your family.
    Your Buddy Ted (Vern) RIP

9. J L Garman says:

Larry
    I knew Sid for several years and worked with him on many construction projects. I admired his work ethic and consider myself a better person for having known him.

10. B L says:

Unlicensed “weekend warrior”, they should have hired a professional, their friend might still be alive and his family not greiving. It is why Maryland requires tree trimmers to be LICENSED, and insured. Knowledge is the key, not how many trees you have done and got lucky, it’s the one time you didn’t know “what to look for” that can cost you everything. Sorry for his family.

11. ANNE says:

That’s an unnecessary comment. This family is grieving. If you have nothing comforting to say – just be quiet.
    And, if you ARE going to comment like that – at least have the nerve to leave your name.

12. hi blogger, first of all thank you for setting up a nice blog like %BLOGINTITLE%. i truly hate the fact that blog owners nowadays concentrate more on making cash and fill up their blogs with irritating adverts.. i liked the way in which you have arranged all of the content here. are you on twitter or any social networking site. i would really like to connect with you and know you properly. cheers