Group To Rally For Md. In-State Tuition Bill

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A group in favor of a bill that would allow in-state tuition for illegal immigrants under certain circumstances in Maryland will be expressing support for the legislation in Annapolis.

The Industrial Areas Foundation, which includes 85 religious congregations, schools and neighborhood organizations, is bringing members Tuesday to the state capital to urge passage of the bill.

The group says it’s acting to counter opposition from groups from outside Maryland that are criticizing the legislation.

Legislation already has passed the state Senate. A measure is pending in the House of Delegates.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. Bernard Mc Kernan says:

One question, How are we going to pay for this & why should we? That’s one question, two parts for those who are intelligently challenged.

2. George M Hopkins says:

As a USAF vet. with 18 yrs. of ser. and a home of record in Md. and paying state taxes and holding a Md. dr. lic. and owning land in 1980 I appl. for instate tuition for my dua. I was denided. now they want to give it to illegals. THANKS for the kick in the a##

3. Debbie says:

ILLEGAL look it up in the dictionary. Definitely not something to be rewarded.
    If you are not here legally you do not have a voice, an opinion, or any rights.

4. Robert Esposito says:

Two Words ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Here you are gonna raise all of my in State Fees and you want to give Illegal immigrants a tution break. What is the matter with you? You work for us not them. Do your job in the best interest of the State of Md, not the State o Juan Valdez.

5. Baltumorebob says:

Well I say all of you dont belong hear this is crazy my tax $$$$$ is going to these people what word dont they understan u are not a us citz get out of my country dammm enough is enough

6. whatnow says:

So, dumb and dumber are coming to rally in support of ILLEGALS getting something that my tax money will have to pay for and oh, BTW, the politicians say we will be needing more tax money too! Come on, is this an episode of the Twilight Zone!

7. paul says:

what do you expect from a liberal state? this is totally uncalled for! the illegals must be treated as criminals. the state tuition assistance should be given to the state residence who are citizens of this great nation. as usual our disgraceful liberal governor and house of delegates cave into this radical groups.

8. Joe says:

Call or write your delegates in Annapolis to vote against this bill.

1. Not going to take it says:

I already tried. Only a handfull of responses. Owe’Malley already said he would sign this when it came across his desk. We need to get him out of office and his croonies!

9. Charley says:

If they can afford to go to college, and can take at least four years to graduate, WHY can’t they pay for and take the citizenship test?

10. OCKen says:

I think it was Margaret Thatcher who once said “socialism is great,until the other guys money runs out”. I know numerous Russian kids that have worked down in OC that have had to leave the country due to immigration issues. I guess it has more to do with where you are from than if you are here illegally.

11. Not going to take it says:

I think I.C.E. should get a couple of buses together and round their illegal butt up when then rally and just drive south with them. Take em over the Boarder and dump them out!

12. BLAKE SUTHERLAND says:

YEP YOUR POLITICIANS AT WORK WHO BELIEVE AN AMERICAN KID IN NEW JERSEY SHOULD PAY 3 TIMES MORE TO ATTEND A MARYLAND COLLEGE THEN A MIGRANT MEXICAN OR SALVADORAN. GOTTA LAUGH RATHER THEN CRY BECAUSE AFTER ALL MANY YEARS AND MISGUIDED EFFORT THIS BILL WILL PAS AND THEN MARYLAND VOTERS WILL CAN IT VIA REFERENDUM. MARYLAND THE LAND OF OZ. HEY CHECK OUT THIS INDUSTRIAL AREAS FOUNDATION. ITS A RADICAL SOCIALIST GROUP WHOSE GOALS ARE TO DISRUPT SOCIAL FABRIC.