BREAKING: Public Enemy No.1 Captured & 2 Children Killed in Southeast Baltimore Fire

Teen Charged With Taking Loaded Gun To School

FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County authorities say a Tuscarora High School student has been charged with taking a loaded handgun to school.

Principal Kathleen Schlappal said in a letter sent home with students that the 15-year-old took the gun to school Tuesday because he believed he was in danger and needed protection on the walk home.

A school system spokeswoman says the boy feared for his own safety after a recent altercation. She says he showed the gun to other students, but did not threaten anyone.

The sheriff’s office says other students reported the gun to administrators. The boy, who is facing several weapons charges, was interviewed and taken to a juvenile detention facility in Montgomery County.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. SILLYMAN MICHAELS says:

can.t kids go to school anymore and enjoy themselves high school is supposed
    to be enjoyable …… NOT LIKE DODGE CITY some of these kids could use a
    good ass whippin ever now and then more now then then

1. aj johnson says:

that is right people that bully needs a ass whippin

2. Jane Smith says:

The problem here is with bullies in school. Kids should feel safe. My son is bullied every day because he’s differnet. So when he finally snaps, everyone is going to blame me as a parent. Something I’ve done to fail my son. No, I’m not condoning what this child has done, and I pray every day that my sons holds it together. But I can cerainly see why a child would feel the need to protect themselves. Do something about bullying in school!!!

1. Magneton Hasijo says:

History lesson, there has been bullying in schools for decades, this is nothing new. Our parents went to school with bullies and so did their parents and so on and so on. In fact Bullying has probably been taking place though out human history. You said “My son is bullied every day because he’s different.” Your son isn’t Bullied everyday because he’s different- your is son Bullied because he’s seen as being weak. It’s not my intentions to be insensitive, just blunt. Bullies are like predators, in that: when hunting, predators look for the most vulnerable-the slowest, the youngest, the injured, the smallest, the isolated, the weakest… in doing so the predator minimizes the chance that it will be injured. This is why predators ambush and attack their prey from behind and hunt in groups. Seldom do predators attack when they are being faced. Basically, when Bullies know that you will always turn and face them, that you will stand and fight and that you will not allow yourself to be disrespected, victimized, or exploited in any way, they will either not bother you in the first place or stop. I encourage you to become more confident, in doing so, your child will see your confidence and the strength that comes from it- in you and will becomes more confident him/her self.

1. Jane Smith says:

Whatever! My son is autistic, and that is why he is picked on. My confidence will do nothing to help him. I’ve done everything possible I can to help my son, but the rest is in God’s hands. Kids should be taught acceptance from their parents, teachers, community, etc.

You know nothing about me, and I’m guessing you were one of the bullies growing up. I find your comment extremely insensitive. I don’t think what the child in this article was right by any means. I’m just stating that bullies are a huge problem in schools, and kids won’t go to their parents because of fear. They are afraid that if they tell they are getting picked on, the bullies will target them even more. And the sad thing is, it’s true!

3. joe silvestri says:

well he did what he thought would protect himself but what he should of did was went to the school or his parents for help

4. Herman Glimsher says:

IT’S THE VIDEO GAMES AND MOVIES………………..IT’S COOL TO SHOOT AND KILL PEOPLE AND BEAT THEM UP IN THE VIDEO GAMES AND IN HOLLYWOOD………………….AND THESE KIDS DON’T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GAME AND REALITY BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS HAVEN’T RAISED THEM PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THESE KIDS ARE TWEETING AND TEXTING AND SITIING IN FRONT OF THEIR TV PLAYING GAMES………………..THEY HAVE NO CONCEPT OF REALITY!!!!

1. Goosewater says:

Yes, because killing people is a new phenomenon, never happening before the advent of movies or video games, Congratulations on sounding incredibly ignorant there Herman.

5. Mike says:

If this kid really did take the gun out of protection, where are his parents to supervise him or offer him a ride to and from school. I know there are bus services that he could ride for free and if this was the case, why would you be flashing it around to people??? That there is going to get you in trouble alone