Firefighters Battle Blaze At Mattress Warehouse

BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore fire officials say they spent about 90 minutes putting out a three-alarm fire in a brick warehouse that was filled with mattresses.

The fire was reported around 1:30 p.m. Sunday on Harford Avenue near East Madison Street. More than 80 firefighters responded.

Capt. Roman Clark, a fire department spokesman, says the blaze was tough to put out because of all the mattresses inside the building.

The fire was placed under control shortly before 3 p.m. The cause is under investigation, and officials say the building’s owner was on the scene assessing the damage

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. Kit says:

Exactly. Inquiring minds would like to know where the fire occurred!

1. linda says:

No kidding I was looking for the location and it is no where to be found. As a journalism major in college, this kind of reporting drives me nuts!

2. Flatius says:

Reported to be on Madison and Harford in Oldtown.

3. East Coast says:

What kind of news agency posts a story with no location? Are we to all automatically know this? This website continues to decline. I used to come here several times a day for well reported, updated, correct news. Now it’s a junk site with their “best of” garbage.

4. eastcoasting says:

I need a job where I can be uneducated and even if it is publicly posted it is okay. If I am not mistake this is on Madison St. I have seen it many times in my travels to and from work.

5. pigeon says:

Nice that the story was updated giving more detailed information.
    I don’t intend to attend any of their “fire sales”.