Suspect In Dundalk Shooting In Custody

BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police were called to the 7800-block of Fair Green Rd. in Dundalk for a reported shooting Friday night.

Police say a man accidentally pulled into a neighbor’s driveway. The homeowner then came outside and confronted the man. During the argument, the homeowner shot his neighbor several times. He then fled back inside his house where he barricaded himself.

Early Saturday morning a tactical unit entered the home and took the 55-year-old suspect into custody. He was transported to police headquarters where he is being questioned. Police say he could face several charges, including attempted murder and first-degree assault.

The 45-year-old victim is being treated at Johns Hopkins Bayview Hospital. He is in serious but stable condition.

Comments

1. Ex-Baltimore says:

Dundalk! Lord! What’s happening to you? You have always been blue collar working class, but never really violent.

2. JoeFromAACounty says:

IN DUNDALK, A MANS DRIVEWAY IS HIS CASTLE!!!!

3. PAUL E. MICELLI says:

SENSELESS

4. pauls95blazer says:

I fear this may happen to me one day. I have crazy neighbors who thinks they can bully me around and do whatever they want to my property.

5. Gloria Kay Rouse Hardy-Stone says:

I USED TO LIVE ON THAT STREET WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL…..HAD SOME GREAT MEMORIES…..AND JUST LOOK WHAT THE NEW PPL DID THAT MOVED IN…..GUESS THEY WON’T HAVE SUCH GREAT MEMORIES….WILL THEY?

6. williejoe says:

It’s the governments idea of social integration. Get used to it. The wealthy will protect themselves by living in waterfront downtown communities that once were occupied by poor blacks. Johns Hopkins Doctors are living in communities near the hospital whereas Blacks have been displaced to Balto & A.A . Counties.

7. pigeon says:

The incident absolutely stupid – just cause someone pulled into your driveway – totally unreal. No doubt these two people haven’t had a good neighbor feeling for each other for unknown period of time.
    I wish one of my neighbors pulled into my driveway, then I wouldn’t have had to face replacing my fence, which still isn’t fixed due to lack of $$ and the fact there’s no “proof” the damage was done by him backing up his milk truck – 1st time we “caught” him, 2nd time not so lucky.
    I wonder how many times “the suspect” drove past his destination and actually pulled into someone’s driveway to back up and turn around. I have and I bet at least 50% of drivers have.
    If he wanted to teach someone a lesson, it sure is a hard one to teach one’s self. No justification – only hate/spite. Perhaps he’ll do a lot of thinking over it sitting around in a cell.
    May the “victim” have a quick recovery.

8. BmoreResident says:

Crime highest in poorest areas of city and lowest in wealthier areas – that’s the truth of the situation, not race. Bring jobs back to America/the city and put people to work, then crime drops. Keep focusing on race, immigration status, ethnicity and we stay apart as they wish (those of wealth or power). See the truth and unite and they lose all power.

9. IgnorantSoBs says:

I KEEPS IT REAL!

10. sezmane says:

Read willie joe’s statement everyone this is the TRUTH!!!

11. truthtelling says:

I have never lived in Dundalk and I choose never to live there,I have alot of friends that used to live in Dundalk ,however they did the right thing years ago they got the hell out of there,my daughter and son-in law lived there for about 1 year after I went to visit them several times I was able to talk them into moving out of Dundalk I am sure certain parts of Dundalk may be ok,but for the most part of what I have seen it appears to be a low class trashy place the people there have a whole different way of thinking,my daughter and son in law are doing so much better since they got out of Dundalk

12. Doug says:

Well,it’s 2011.
    Where I live,someone would have gladly let anyone
    turn around or use the drive’s.
    Smiling and saying “Morning neighbor”

So, why are these people so angry?

What was he going to do if the other fella mistakenly ran over his flowers?
    Mow the whole family down with sub machine gun ?
    Including the dog?

13. Jason says:

This guy is my uncle,his name is Randy DiGennaro.Sorry to throw a wrench in anyone’s theories,but he’s white.He worked at Sparrows Point for years. He is also a raging alcoholic,a gun nut,and beat my aunt for years. I’m deeply sorry for the victim,,but trust me,having him locked up forever is almost worth it. He’s one of the worst,most vile people I’ve ever met.