WATCH WJZ TUESDAY @ 11 A.M.: New Baltimore Mayor Inauguration Ceremony

Mystery Deepens Surrounding The Death Of Phylicia Barnes

PORT DEPOSIT, Md. (WJZ) –It could be weeks before we know exactly how Phylicia Barnes died. But now police say finding her body is going to drastically help their investigation.

Mike Hellgren is following the case and has new reaction from her father.

A team of detectives is working right now to piece together what happened in Barnes’ final moments alive and answer questions, including how she ended up in the Susquehanna River, was she murdered and who was the 240-pound man found floating dead in the water nearly four miles away.

“As of today we don’t have an identity on this man. Our investigators have been running fingerprints, contacting other police departments. So that is a continuing priority in this investigation is to find out who he is, why he would have ended up in the same river,” said Greg Shipley, Maryland State Police.

Barnes’ father said his daughter had never been to the area where she was found, an hour north of the Baltimore neighborhood where she disappeared while visiting her half-sister for Christmas.

“We’re still not finished. We want to find out what happened to Phylicia, how she came to this dam, who would bring her to this area that she knows nothing about,” said her father Russell Barnes.

The discovery has saddened so many who searched and prayed for her safe return.

“I was sad,” said Deborah Myers, Northwest Baltimore neighbor. “I cried for the mother. It’s really sad to hear that. I was hoping she was still alive.”

Police say they found no signs of trauma on the body, that the honor student was naked, and that it is unclear how long she had been in the cold, fast moving river.

“We’re going to continue to work as hard now as we’ve worked all those days since Dec. 28, and our goal simply is to bring closure to Phylicia Barnes’ family,” said Commissioner Fred Bealefeld.

It’s important to note that at this point police are not calling this a murder. They say they’ve already canvassed the area along the banks of the Susquehanna River, but they may have to go back as the investigation leads them.

Stay with WJZ for continued coverage of this investigation.

More from Mike Hellgren
Comments

1. Mary says:

I still believe this she was taken against her will and became a victim of foul play. Someone suggested in another post that she could have fallen in with that mystery person. I don’t think so. Who in the heck would want to go to Conowingo Dam in the the Dead of Winter in the first place? She would not have gone fishing. The person responsible, pushed her and this mystery person in the water and had staged it to look like an accident. No one has claimed this unidentified man yet….probably a homeless man that became a victim of this unfortunate murder. Rest in peace Phylicia and to the other person and God Bless the families. I hope the police finds the person or people involved ASAP.

1. Leigh Ann Erdman says:

It is pretentious and arrogant to assume that someone is in the know when all they are doing is making stuff up. So Mary how are you so “in the know” about this disappearance? Perhaps we should let the investigators search out the answers instead of you playing out your suppositions on a blog. “Probably a homeless man, someone pushed, staged it, she would not have gone fishing”…..not one iota of fact. As a matter of fact, LOTS of people who enjoy getting out of the stagnation of winter go to the parks to get fresh air, especially on a sunny winter day. No one claimed the man yet because, just maybe they haven’t finished going through missing person reports yet. They were found two days ago for goodness sake. .

1. No1sname says:

So Leigh are you saying that while they went out there during the winter months to get fresh air, fish they must have gone skinny dipping also because they both were nude when the bodies were pulled from the water. Its a tragic loss & my prayers go out to the family1

2. R says:

How do you know she died there? It seems more likely to me that she was killed elsewhere (probably in Baltmore City), then dumped in the river later. The only people that know for sure at this point are Phylicia and her killer(s).

3. SMH says:

The Susquehanna runs a loooooooong way. The bodies could have entered the water in a totally diferent state and still ended up at the Conowingo Dam. Besides Mary, as a resident here, I can assure you the Dam and surrounding areas are visited year round….and noot just for fishing.

4. Elgne says:

You need to join the police force. Looks like you have it all figured out.

1. mike jones says:

lol elementary my dear watson

5. ratm33 says:

But teenagers do go to dams to party and have fun. I know because I was a teenager once. I guess you never were. People do things for a lot of different reasons. So shut up until you know what you are talking about. And if it were my daughter it would give me such relief to know her death was a accident instead of her being brutally murdered and the last minutes of her life being very horrable. Everything is possible.

1. Kay says:

I have to agree, I would much more rather hear that it was accidental than it to have been a brutal murder if it were my child. My condolences to both families. At least they have some sort of closure. I’m so heartbroken over this.

2. Fyre522 says:

I agree that everything is possible, but it seems like a lot of people are forgetting that she was last seen alive when she was walking to a store that was not far from her half-sister’s apartment. How likely is the scenario that a 16 year old girl who is not from the area leave the apartment to go to the store just a few blocks away and end up all the way in the northern Harford/lower Cecil County area, naked in the water? It was said in the beginning of the investigation that she really didn’t know anyone up here in Maryland with exception to the family that she had here in Baltimore. Foul play seems like the most likely – and probable – cause of death. As for the manner of which she passed on, one can only hope at this point that it was swift and painless and that this unfortunate girl was not tortured and did not suffer in her last moments alive.

6. Loria says:

I think the half sister’s ex-boyfriend or one of the many men that the sister let run in and out of the apartment may have taken her. The way the sister talked to the mother showed a lack of concern and ignorance. It was said on Nancy Grace that her scent stopped outside the apartment and it’s unlikely that she walked away. She could have been led to a car and then held against her will for who knows what. This man could have been held at gun point because he’s connected to killer in some way or just saw too much. You would think an over 6ft. and 240lb. man would be able to handle himself if a gun wasn’t involved. Their clothes probably had too much evidence on them or so the killer thought. It’s anyone’s guess at this point but I pray some evidence was preserved in some way. It’s just a shame that a young smart life was cut short. No one deserves to be treated that way. May God bless this family and her friends.

7. DCK says:

Why would she leave the house in bedroom slippers. They say that she actually went to a party earlier and her friends could not find her when it was time to leave so the whole story sounds like a cover-up of sorts.

2. SILLYMAN MICHAELS says:

THERES JUST NOTHING ONE CAN SAY TO EASE THE PAIN OF THIS TRAGIC
    AND SEEMINGLY SENSELESS CRIME..MAY THE FAMILY REMAIN STRONG AND
    TOGETHER DURING YOUR TIME OF GRIEF..MY PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU
    ALL

3. Sick of stupid says:

My heart breaks for Phylicia and her family. She was such a beautiful young women with so much potential. As a mother, I can not come close to imagining the sadness that her family is feeling. I pray for you all that you find solice in the fact that Phylicia has been found and that she is being brought home to you. I pray that the police are able to bring closure to this for you and figure out this tragic mystery. I think that we all hoped she would be found alive, we all grieve with you, you are not alone.

4. yasmeen says:

Intact, not “in tack”.

1. Lady Shirley says:

What are you…an English teacher? It was a typo or the person did not know how to properly spell a word. Either way, we know what they meant. No one is perfect…learn to live with it. My sympathy to Phylicia’s family.

1. R says:

No, no one is perfect, our writing however represents us; I appreciate correction should I make an error. Imagine if we all were to raise the communications bar; erudition improves everything. Many years ago, I lost a daughter; my sympathy to Phylicia’s family.

5. Leigh Ann Erdman says:

Prayers and sincerest sympathy for both the family and friends. Also for the investigators and searchers who passionately looked and never gave up. Until they found her there was always the slightest hope she would be found alive.

6. nik says:

I feel the family pain my sister went missing in 2003 and was missing for 5 years we found her remains 5years later…..REST IN PARADISE SWEETHEART.

7. babs says:

My prayers to the family for the loss of such a young individual. Thoughts and prayers to the young people who she attended school with.

8. SNF says:

Praying for the fam… Its so sad… This world is so cold…

9. more problems says:

May god be with this girls family this is a horrible thing and I hope the persons who are responsible for this is brought to justice

10. Mary says:

I want the person found who did this to her and nothing overlooked. Phylica did not deserve this nor did the unidentified male. Look what happened to Drew Peterson’s third wife. Her death was ruled an accident initially but later ruled a homicide. I do not want any mistakes to occur in this case. Leigh Ann, start showing some sympathy for the family. They deserves answers and justice needs to be carried out immediately. My deepest sympathy to both families of the victims and I pray that the police solves this crime soon.

1. Robin says:

When I heard the news of the bodies found I got a chilled feeling that it was this beautiful girl. In October my daughter was coming from Randallstown High school..2 men in a green truck stopped and her to come with them ,she pulled out her phone and they sped off. I reported the incident then and I also called in a report when I heard of Phylicias’ disappearance .I was praying she would be found alive. I still have my suspicions when I think of what the individuals’intention for my daughter,(sex ring etc)came to mind…. some may say i watch too much TV.,but I was compelled to report the incident ,ju case there was a connection.I don”t think anyone else took it into consideration. I still did what I could just in case…..My prayers go out to her entire family

11. antoinette shorter says:

I was praying that she was found alive but God had other plans for this beautiful angel. As a mother I know how deep my love for my children goes and because of such, I feel this loss almost personally even though I don’t know the family….so so tragic. God bless you little one……….fly Phylicia fly! Praying for strength for the family in this awful moment in life. May God bless and keep you all strong. Cling to each other because I’m sure it’s what she would have wanted. Hopefully the person(s) responsible for her death are caught real soon.

1. “I was praying that she was found alive but God had other plans for this beautiful angel” -> I’m so tired of everybody blaming God for such horrible tragedies. God didn’t take this girl’s life, HE allowed the devil too.If you can’t relate to that, please get your Bible and read the Book of Job. Phylicia Barnes left here at the price of the sins of her parents. Unfortunately her mother was careless by willfully allowing her daughter to visit a half-sister she barely knew. I don’t know these people but life is precious and not to be taken for granted and this is what happened, they took things for granted. Their lives as well.

1. mattie says:

YOU ARE SO…..WRONG TO USE GOD WORD-THE HOLY BIBLE TO SUPPORT YOU EVIL. ANYONE THAT POINT THEIR FINGER AT THIS CHILDS PARENTS AND BLAME THEM AND GOD FOR HER DEATH IS REAL WRONG AND THE TRUTH IS NOT YOUR’S. SINCE YOU WANT TO CALL THE KETTLE BLACK. MY QUESTION IS WHY WOULD YOUR SIMPLE TWISTED LOW LIFE MIND THINK BECAUSE OF THE PARENTS SIN THAT THEIR DAUGHTHER WERE KILLED. THEN EVERY PARENT OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT WE HAVE WILL BE DEAD TOO. NOW DO YOU SEE HOW CRAZY AND HORRORABLE YOUR COMMENT IS. YOU WOULD NOT EVER FEEL THAT WAY IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD THAT WAS FOUND DEAD IN A DIRTY RIVER OF WATER. YOU NEED TO REPENT AND ASK GOD TO FOR GIVE YOU FOR THE LIES YOUR HAVE TOLD. PLUS YOU ARE BREAKING GOD’S TEN COMMENDMENT THAT TELL YOU, YOU ARE NOT TO BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAIST NO ONE AND NEVER LIE AGAINST GOD.

12. Lori Rose Burnett says:

God be with both families at this time and always.

13. Barbara says:

I pray for her family…God Bless them….
    Just because she was found at the Conowingo Damn does not by any means say she her life was taken there. As much rain we have had this year she could have floated from some where else. I hope the family finds out what happened, and some that is responsible gets punished for this awful tragedy.

14. Ummm... says:

What aboutthe other body? Why didn’t everyone freak out when that person was reported missing?

1. Kurt says:

Apparently, the man that was found had suicidal tendencies. He had even written a note. He checked himself in for mental help. Someone mentioned that he was found naked too. I don’t know about that but if he was then this case is extremely strange. It’s hard to believe that there were not marks on Phylicia since she was found naked. That sounds like a sexual crime to me. People just don’t show up dead and naked.

15. Minister Candace Willett says:

First let me send my deepest condolence and prayers to the Barnes family. The only people who will know the truth behind what happen to this lovely young lady is God Phylicia and whoever performed this cruel act. It saddens my heart to turn on the tv and see yet another young black female dead over senseless crime. She didn’t deserve to be found floating in nobody water she deserved to be reunited with her loving family, I’m also sad to read that people on this blog is so rude not to point fingers but if we stop killing eachother and live alittle we would be much happier, To be absent from the body mean to be PRESENT WITH GOD. FLY AWAY HUNNIE AND ENJOY YOUR MANSION. I had hope that we would find you alive Every Monday in my prayer session at church we prayed for you and your family and to get the news your family would never see you again just to say I love you, give you a hug, a kiss or see your beautiful smile does something to my spirit I will not cry or Mourn over your death but I will rejoice and have Joy that you is with your creator. MAY GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY AND KEEP YOU AT THIS TIME OF TRAGIC. And for the Rest of Baltimore City let’s not forget who the Judge is God stop Judging one another.

1. mac says:

to the fake minister candance willet. why are you so….phony with a lie that when some body die thatthey are in a mansion flying away lie of the devil! if you sunday sun god worshiping anti-christ false prophets would truly stop serving satan the devil and repent of all the adding and taking away from the almighty god true word then maybe the killings would be a whole lot less. in the book of revelation God explain clearly how satan the devil, the beasts, the anti-christ and all the false prophets will be complelely destroy at the time of the real Jesus Christ 2nd return in the flesh bringing in jehovah god new kingdom here on Earth. God never said that when a person die they will fly away to his heavenly kingdom. if that was the case. God would never have an appointed time to give a order for Jesus Christ to return to this earth to destroy all evil and he; JESUS CHRIST IS THE JUDGE OF ALL THINGS WHICH IS A FACT IN THE HOLY BIBLE CALL THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT. I CAN NOT STAND NO PASTORS THAT MISLEAD PEOPLE TO ONLY TO BE DOING THE DEVIL WORK THATS WHY THIS SITUATION AND THE CRIMES ARE TAKING PLACE BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE REAL WORD OF GOD !!! THE BARNES FAMILY AND ANYONE THAT IS FACING A BAD SITUATION DON’T NEED A FALSE PROPHETS TO ADD ON TO MORE EVIL. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!! *( READ ) REVELATION 6 CHAPTER WHITE HORSE END TIME PROPHECY AND REVELATION 3:10 AND REVELATION 16: 13-14, DANIEL 8:25, 2ND TIMOTHY 4: 3-4, 2ND THESSALONIONS 2: 10-12. NO RAPTURE FOUNDED IN THE BIBLE JOHN 17:15, 20.

16. Eileen G. says:

I feel deeply saddened @ the fact Phylicia was denied of living a long fulfilled life. For her life to be cut short is tragic in itelf let alone hw it may have happened. I feel for u sweetheart as well as ur family. i hope the person(s) who did this to u rot in hell in gasoline underwear!!! n for the family of the unidentied man…may god be with u!!!

17. Pooh says:

My heart goes out to both families of the victims. They found her naked, in Conowingo Damn, that’s trauma alone. The person responsible got to be evil to do such a thing to a child. I truly believe her half sister is totally irresponsible, and probably the blame for what has happened. The child was planning to come here to go to college, live with her sister. Now she has moved, I think charges should be brought against her for Neglect. Why was her Now Ex-boyfriend left alone with such a pretty girl anyway, she didn’t know him. This is so wrong, I am so sorry for her Mother. As a Mother myself, I don’t want to imagine what she is going through. I pray for you, but God will not put more on you than you can bear. This child had a purpose on this earth, look how many lives she has touched. This is so sad. God Bless.

18. Lourdes says:

My sincerest sympathy to all the family and friends of this loving child of God.
    It just seems so unfair that such a bright and beautiful girl such have had to endure this. I have learned thru the years not to question God. Just believe in HIM and His glory. He has better plans for her. God bless and be with her family and send forth his comforter to them. RIP. Lourdes

19. R says:

May Phylicia’s soul rest in peace, may her family find comfort, and may the POS(es) who did this be caught and rot in prison.

1. mac says:

R, the law should allow the person or people that were connected to this crime to face the same type of punishment that was given to P. Barnes and the unknown young man. why should they have a right to live their life at all. no one have any type nor shown mercy for neither of the 2 dead bodies that was found in the dirty icy cold water in the heart of winter. why should any one care about what happen to the people that did this type of crimes. that’s the major problem with the legal system now. the convicts have free housing, meals, entertainment, sex in jail, medical service, per-work release program, free legal services, etc so, the message to all the want to be convicts, gang members and the like. why should they respect any bodies life when you don’t have to worry about nothing.being in the jail house is the opposite of the white house i was told by a former convict. that he would much rather be in jail because he didn’t have to be bother with paying no bills, paying no taxes, no unemployment and no child support ever had to be paid because the department of social services would hook up his babies mommy’s with a monthly check and some food stamps alone with public housing. so why in the f…..k should he care about taking a life plus 24/7 free security ! when the jail house is so much better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I blame the total legal system for P. Barnes death and all of the other men, women and children that are force to being attack by these terrorist every day and very little is being done to putting a stop to it all !!!! OUR TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING USED TO SUPPORT TERRORISMS WHY WHEN SOME ONE DIRECTLY TAKE ANOTHER PERSON LIFE. THE LAW SHOULD TAKE THEIR RIGHT IN LIFE TOO. THEY KILL THEY LOSS ALL HUMAN RIGHTS. DIDN’T THE DEAD LOSS THEIR RIGHT TO LIVE LIVE ? IF THIS MESS IN THE UNTIED STATE OF AMERICA DON’T SOON CHANGE THERE WILL BE MUCH CIVIL UNREST ALL OVER THIS USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Tired of Stupid says:

If she wasn’t taken there, then where in the world is the car they voluntarily drove themselves there in?? Nobody said anything about abandoned vehicles or anything. I believe they were taken there as well. Conowingo Dam is a long, long way from Reisterstown Plaza!!

21. Cee Cee says:

My deepest sympothy goes out to the family!
    But I do have one question where is the sister I didnt see her on T.V saying anything about her sister being found, So i Guess she just moved away right?

22. police31 says:

here we go the river must be a dumping ground if this body dose not reflect with this body! second she was killed in baltimre city and thrown over in that DAM and the body kept in tact because of the cold water! soon it would float up because of the body fluids that swell the body up the FBI FILES will play a role in this killing,! She was killied no doubt! thao other body they will find out! nwo she was missing since DEC 28th 2011 .Someone in that family she visit knows what happen to her it,s just a matter of time for investgators to locate that killer.the person that was calling and telling them that body was here and there is the one who killed her.!.

1. Teacher says:

Damn man! Proofread your posts already. You can make a much better point when you type with clarity and make sense.

23. police31 says:

she was agood person the family will be investigaed again and the ex boy friend also ! lets look at this way she was killed and the person in that family in northwest baltimore city knows who did the maryland state police has good track record of finding there killer(s) like i said the person who called and gave numorus location and truned up not nothing, she is at rest now.

1. Zac says:

you must be a great police officer if you are one. No where have they said where she was killed, if she was thrown in the river or who they have as suspects. They said they found her. Just because someone dies doesn’t mean it happened in the city. There are murders other places contary to popular belief. I hope they are able to find the people responsible. May the family find peace in this and the strength to move forward.

2. ratm33 says:

Shut the F*** up. They dont even know how she died yet. What if it comes back that she drownded. How will you try to say it was the ex- boyfriend now. What he went and held them both under water at the same time . Shut up till you know the facts. And if you really are a cop you should be suspended for being an A** Hole and writing these things. You are a poor excuse for a cop and you are the reason cops have bad names.

1. independent says:

Yo Rat, if you’re going to use harsh language, go over to the baltimoresun.com site and straighten those people out. Almost all of them are ready to light a torch and chase down the ex-boyfriend.

2. Teacher says:

drownded? What, are you a product of the city school system? You don’t make anymore sense than the police dude that posted.

24. dudette says:

@ Police31, just because someone called in about different locations, doesn’t mean they are the killer. It could simply be an area of interest; notice all the areas were wooded places. Thats where theyll look first! Look at other muders where people gave guesses about where the body was and they were NOT the killer. Another innocent child’s life gone; RIP Phylicia.

25. Mary says:

SMH..Thanks for letting me know. I did not know that Conowingo was a popular spot, I have driven by several times up Interstate 95. I know the Dam control floods and I do know that there is a hydroelectric plant there. With any body of water, I know people like to fish but I never thought it was popular in winter. Again, I hope the police finds the person or people responsible. I feel badly what had happened to this bright and beautiful young lady. I hope there are web cams at the dam and I hope that the person/people responsible will be caught very soon.

26. Sandtown Kevin Chesley says:

THAT IS MESSED UP

27. Rose says:

First of all, thank you Minister Willett for your wonderful words of comfort to the family and you are right, if people would start caring for each other instead of bashing each other the world would be a better place. Second, police31, I agree with you that whoever was calling in those tips as to where to find Phyllcia had a hand in what happened to her and I hop they get just what they deserve. Once again one of God’s angels has been called home to glory. As for her sister, she will be dealing with a lot of guilt for the rest of her life. This is something that will always be over her head. Everyone should know that God leaves no one unpunished for their crimes. God bless the family, keep the faith, and remember God is always with you at all times

28. Kellie Pardue says:

its terrible to even have to think of 1 day without a loved 1 natural causes are easier to deal with then the fact of someone taking that person life ppl are are ignorent and have no feelings im sorry for her family and pray that they can somehow put their lives back together which im sure will not be easy.

29. mattie says:

the almighty God in Heaven all ready know who the murder’s are !!!! Yes, it hurt us all to have heard about what has happen to both victims and so many other people. it is time that we all pray together and ask the almighty God to bring forth the people and all proofs that surround this case ! I don’t know but, there are a lot of questions surrounding the half-sister ex-boy friend, the 20 different men that was seen to have been coming in and out of that half-sister apartment. plus was Phylicia Barnes being mislead and living a double life ! was there so one that she may have made contact on the internet, a class mate, etc.. I feel bad for her mother that was there for phylicia all this young lady’s life. God help the total family. any one with a negative comment please keep it all to your self. what has happen can happen to any one of us ! the real blessing in any give situation is that God will bring forth all the hinden facts in this case. The Barnes Family and any one that has loss a love one. always remember, when Jehovah, abba will send Jesus Christ back in this soon second coming of Christ return in the flesh. When Jesus Christ call Phylicia Barnes out from her grave along will all of the souls that are at rest ! Phylicia Barnes will be re-united with her family again ! The Judgement Books of life will be Open by Jesus Christ and the truth will be told. SO…….Who ever the people that done this dark act of crime by breaking Jehovah God Ten Commandment will be brought to the Judgement DAY OF JUDGEMENT ! JESUS CHRIST WILL JUDGE EVERY MAN, WONEN AND CHILD THAT EVER LIVED UPON THIS EARTH ! SO….the case is already won !!! now it is all of a matter of time. God will reveal all the missing facts to why Phylicia Barnes life is not over !!!!!!!!! YES !!! THIS CRIME SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE HAPPEN.! but it did. It is completely out of our hands. it is now in the hands of the almighty God in Heavens that has the power to reveal all things that are in the DARK (read) Acts 17:11 & Luke 12:3. God will reveal all things (read) Acts 1:7 & Deuteronomy 29:29, Phylicia Barnes family will see her again (read) 1st Thessalonian 4:13-18, I pray that the Barnes Family will be bless with the power of Jehovah God, Jesus Christ with the complete force of God’s Holy Spirit to ” PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD ! (read) Ephesians 6: 10-20, The People that committed this crime (any breaking of the Law Of God ) will face ” THE PUNISHMENT FOR DISOBEDIENCE ( Leviticus 26: 14-46), The Ten Commandments- ” YOU SHALL NOT KILL” ( read) Deuteronomy 5: *17 (also) 7, 12,16,17,20 ), The Battle Is Already Won !!!!! ( read) Revelation 19:2-3, 10-21, murder’s are carried out by vile demons ( read ) Luke 7:21 & Acts 19: 12-10, Repetitive Cycles Of Trouble / end Time Spiritual War Fare on Earth ( read ) 1st Timothy 4:l, Put On The Whole Armor Of God ( read ) Ephesians 6: 10-20. God warns us all of the evil day in this latter time, etc.. These cycles become fiercer in intensity and more widespread in impact as the age draws to it end AKA ” THE ENDING OF THE SYSTEM OF ALL THINGS ! (READ) Hebrews 12: 26-29.
    The horror of these “Terrorist/Murderers should be given the Capital Punishment according to the Law !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eye for Eye, Tooth for Tooth ( read ) Exodus 21: 24, Fracture for Fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, ” JUST AS HE HAS INJURED A MAN, SO IT SHALL NE INFLICTED ON HIM ( READ biblical FACTS) Leviticus 24:20

30. speachless says:

Come On seriously

31. Penny Rose says:

My heart goes out to the Barnes family. I hope this person/people responsible for this terrible act come forth. We need to go back to yesterday years, when people looked out for each other. When neighbors looked out for each other. We need the men in our families and communities to be strong and keep our women and children safe. Someone must speak out, before this happens again. Peace and Blessings to the Barnes family.

32. independent says:

How do you know it wasn’t accidental drowning?

33. Penny Rose says:

My heart goes out to the family of the man that was also found. There’s to much crime in Baltimore City. Shootings and Stabbings. Whats is going on? How can we as a community stop the violence in our city. I am tired of seeing the drug dealers and drug addicts in my community.

34. 1uniquemonique says:

My heartfelt prayers and condolences go out to the family.
    I very strongly believe the two bodies are connected and it was a drug deal that went wrong. Poor Phylicia was a witness to it all. Anybody who knows anything about the drug business, knows they don’t leave witnesses.

35. Erika Jefferson says:

When my mother sent me an email in regards to them finding a body(s) in that river, I prayed it was not her. I live in Reisterstown Square Apts and when I came home I heard that by dental records that it was the young lady. My heart broke. I cried because I knew that her family would never see her again. I cried because she would never get to see life. I was happy and sad that the family were able to finally find her. I was happy because they can finally lay her to rest and not have to wonder if they would see her again. Some family’s never get to see their loved ones because they are still out there missing. It was sad because all the flyers that I have I dont know what to do with them. I cant seem to throw them away. I just look at her picture and wonder why. Wonder how can such a person take a beautiful life and just throw it away like it was trash. I know that she did all that she could do on earth and God took his angel when it was time. She is in a much better place now. RIP Phylicia and my prayers are with the other victims family as well

36. RDNKKKGRL says:

THERE ARE ALOT OF UNANSWERED QUESTIONS SURROUNDING THIS CASE LIKE 1 WAT PARENT IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD LET THERE 16 YR OLD DAUGHTER LEAVE THE STATE ALONE AND LET HER TRAVEL HERE ALONE TO STAY AT A 1/2SISTERS HOUSE 2 HOW DID HER DAD NO ALL THESE FACTS ABOUT THE BODIES THAT WERE FOUND EVEN B4 THEY WERE IDENTIFIED 3SOMETHING WAS GOING ON IN HER SISTERS HOME BECAUSE APPARENTLY SHE WAS PLANNING ON STAYING HERE AND NOT GOING BAK TO CAROLINA BECAUSE WEN SHE GOT HERE SHE WENT TO BALTO CITY SOCIAL SERVICES AND TOLD THEM SHE WAS HOMELESS AND THEY TURNED HER DOWN CAUSE SHE WAS ONLY 16 SO I BLAME SOME OF THIS ON SS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO QUALMS INTO GETTING PEOPLE ON A LEGAL HEROIN(METHADONE) PROGRAM THEYLL GIVE DRUGGIES AND DEALERS HOUSES TO LIVE IN BUT YET THEY COULDNT HELP A 16 YR OLD U NO WAT I THINK I THINK SHE MAY HAVE MET SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET THAT WAS FROM THIS AREA SHE MAY HAVE WANTED TO MEET HIM SHE USED HER SISTER AS AN EXCUSE TO COME HERE IF SHES LIKE ANY OTHER 16 YR OLD IN THE WORLD TRUST ME HER PARENTS WONT NO EVERYTHING ABOUT HER AND THATS NORMAL FOR ANY TEENAGER OR MAYB HER 1/2 SISTER WAS JELOUS OF HER AND HAD IT DONE OR NOS WHO DID IT……..YES CONOWINGO DAM IS A HUGE PARTY SPOT ALL YEAR LONG IM ALWAYS OUT THERE FISHIN AND STUFF…BUT INDEPENDANT I DONT POSSIBLE THINK IT WAS AN ACCIDENT DROWNING CAUSE PEOPLE JUST DONT GET NAKED IN THE DEAD OF WINTER TO JUMP INTO THE DAM WATER IF SHE WANTED TO GO SKINNY DIPPIN SHE WOULD OF FOUND A POOL OR HOT TUB……….THINK ABOUT IT!!!

1. nj says:

something stinks here–the river is well known but not that well known to a a 16 year old out of state resident in winter.

37. kathy says:

SIN………… HAS NOW TAKEN CONTROL OVER ALMOST EVERYTHING …..! IT”S REAL BAD WHEN ANY ONE LOSSES THEIR LIFE NO MATTER WHAT THEIR RACE OR BACK GROUND MAY HAVE BEEN. BUT IT IS EVEN WORST WHEN YOU WITNESS OR HEAR OF THE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME. I JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY BLACK PEOPLE HAVE TURNED SO BAD AGAINST ONE ANOTHER !! THAT’S THE THING THAT BOTHER ME AND I AM ALSO A AFRICAN AMERICAN. NOW THEY ARE ATTACKING THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST OF OUR YOUTH. UNTIL ALL PEOPLE REPENT AND PUT THEIR FAITH BACK IN RESPECTING THE TRUTH OF THE LAWS OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD BACK INTO THEIR LIFE AND FAMILY LIFE. THESE CRIMES ARE GOING TO BE JUST LIKE DOWN IN MEXICO AND AFRICA !!!!! IF THE GOVERNMENT AND STATES LAW, COURTS, ENFORCEMENTS DON’T GET CONTROL OF THESE ACTS OF THE MANY DIFFERENT TYPE OF CRIMES. SINCE PEOPLE THAT TRY TO RESPECT THE LAW, THEY WILL SOON START TAKING THESE TYPES OF MATTERS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS, EVEN A CIVIL WAR RIGHT HERE IN THE UNITED STATES COULD TAKE PLACE. THE PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO KEEP ON SETTING BACK WHILE THE LEGAL SYSTEM TREAT CRIME AS IF IT IS NOT THEM !!!!!!! BEFORE THAT HAPPENS I DEEPLY PRAY FOR A MIRACLE TO TAKE PLACE IN THIS NATION, ETC. THERE IS A HIDDEN REASON WHY THE LAW IS NOT DOING NO MORE IN WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN STOPPING THE GANGS, DRUG DEALERS AND ETC.. IF PHYLICIA BARNES WAS THE PRESIDENT DAUGHTER OR OF ANYONE OF IMPORTANT THAT CRIME WOULD BE SOLVED AT ONCE. THE OFFICIALS THAT MAKE THE LAWS AND CARRY OUT THE LAWS HAVE A DOUBLE STANDARDS IN LAW & JUSTICE. THAT IS WHAT IS MAKING THE FIRE EXPOSE THE REAL ELEMENT OF THESE TYPE OF ISSUES.

38. RDNKKKGRL says:

I DO PRAY FOR HER PARENTS AND LET THEM NO THAT GODS HAND IS IN THIS AND THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE WILL B BROUGHT TO JUSTICE TRUST ME RIGHT NOW I NO THATS HARD FOR YALL TO BELIEVE CAUSE I ALSO LOST A SON AND IT TOOK ME A GOOD 10-12 YRS TO REALIZE I HAD TO STRAIGHTEN UP AND GET OFF THE DRUGS AND START LIVING FOR GOD ITS THE ONLY WAY TO GO CAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH SIN IN THIS WORLD THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS STARTING TO B RUN BY SATAN……YOU NEED TO BELIEVE THAT GOD HAS THIS UNDER CONTROL!!!!!!!!!

1. “I DO PRAY FOR HER PARENTS AND LET THEM NO THAT GODS HAND IS IN THIS” – God’s hands might be in this now based upon the prayers of the people. The Bible states, “the prayers of the righteous availeth much”. Mothers have TO PRAY in order to make better and SOUND decisions for their children. Had Phylicia’s mom been led by a prayerful decision about the visit to Baltimore, we wouldn’t all be hurt by the outcome hereof.

39. er says:

whom ever committed this violent act to this young women, I hope is put to death themselves. Of course our B.s leader in Annapolis has a ban on justice. AGAIN victims in Md as usual will always be victimized by these liberals.

40. Rose says:

RDNKKKGRL, how can you say if she is like any other 16 year old, her parents won’t know what she’s doing. That is just not true! Everybody is not the same. Some of us do have control over our teenagers in spite of what other people think. It is all about how they were raised. I’m not trying to be negative but it erks me when people start to sterotype all teenagers. On a more positive note: Phylicia’s mother and family has a long road of recovery ahead of them. This is a mother’s worst nightmare, more so than fathers because mothers carried and nurtured their children before they were born so it’s like having a piece of yourself missing. Again God is in control. Everything that needs to be done to bring these evil demons to justice, has already been put into the making by our Heavenly Father. I thank you my Jesus for all my blessing, past, present and future. Father God I ask that you help Phylicia’s family and the missing man’s family strong and give them the strength to endure this pain. Yes, they will see their loved ones again. Just believe in that one fact, keep the faith and everything willl be okay. God Bless to both families!

41. mattie says:

the real truth is already present. the police need to lock up the half sister and ex-boy friend. they know more then what is leaded to believe. baby girl Barnes walked up on a situation . my question why did her half sister and ex-boy friend break up if there is no reason of foul play.plus, why was PHYLICIA BARNES NOT STAYING WITH HER FATHER AT HIS HOUSE. some thing is extremely wrong with that picture.

42. mac says:

did the barnes 16 yr old daugther meet someone on her way to baltimore. something just do not add up to be right. why would any parent in their right mind allow a 16 yr. old so muct freedom. that by it self is only asking for trouble. too many kids are at risk. if not murder, aides, drug, etc. she was put at high risk. what was her mother thinking about when she sent her daughther to visit her half sister. plus where was the father. it seen like he was not on his job as a parent. it was bad enough that he did not raise her. so you mean telling us that he had a i don’t want to be bother because she is going on 17. well, 17 is not 21.

1. RDNKKKGRL says:

THAT IS EXACTLY WAT I WAS THINKING PLUS WAT WAS UP WITH THE 1/2 SISTER AND EX BOYFRIEND AND THE FATHER KNEW WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT THE BODY THAT WAS FOUND IN THE RIVER BEFORE IT WAS EVEN IDENTIFIED…………..I MEAN WAT MOTHER IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GONNA LET A 16 YR OLD TRAVEL ALONE FROM STATE TO STATE PLUS CONOWINGO IS WELL KNOWN TO US CAUSE WE LIVE AND BREATHE AND FISH HERE….BUT HOW WOULD A FIRST TIMER VISITING BALTIMORE NO ABOUT THAT PLACE IT AINT HAPPENIN SOMEONE WAS WITH HER THAT LIVED HERE AND NEW ABOUT THE PLACE FROM THE GETGO!!!

43. joanne says:

i am so sorry for your lost – i pray that god will comfort you and bring you peace i have a daughter so i can just imagine what you must be going thru. i pray that a conviction will upon someone who knows something so that you can find out what happen to your baby.

44. mattie says:

LOCK THAT EX-BOY FRIEND UP NOW. THAT DIRTY DOG IS MAD CRAZY. I BEAT WHEN THE HALF SISTER BROKE UP WITH THIS SORRY LOW LIFE. HE WENT AFTER THE 16 YR OLD BARNES GIRL. THE SISTER MIGHT HAVE BEEN TAKING DIRTY BLOOD DRUG MONEY FROM THE EX-BOY FRIEND. SO HE MIGHT BEEN THE ONE TO PUT A HIT OUT ON HER SISTER. THE HALF SISTER KNOW IT ALL HAVE TO BE RELATED TO THE SISTER AND THE EX-BOY FRIEND BREAK UP. HE MIGHT BEEN USING THE EX-SISTER APARTMENT FOR THE DRUG RUNNERS. THAT EXPLAIN WHY SO MANY MEN AND YOUNGER MEN WAS SEEN COMING BACK AND FORTH OUT FROM THAT ONE APARTMENT. I WAS ALREADY STATED THAT REEFER SMOKING AND DRINKING ALREADY HAD TAKEN PLACE. THERE IS A WHOLE LOT OF FACTS THAT STILL REMAIN TO BE UNCOVERED. I WOULD NOT BE SHOCK IF A FAMILY MEMBER DID IT ALL. SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR BLOOD MONEY….!

45. K says:

RIP PHYLICIA.. I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD FIND U ALIVE AND UNHARMED BUT IT DIDN’T WORK OUT THAT WAY.. GOD MUST HAVE FELT AS THOUGH IT WAS TIME FOR ONE OF HIS YOUNG ANGELS TO COME HOME AND JOIN HIM.. NOW ATLEAST YOUR FAMILY CAN REST ALIITLE BIT KNOWING THAT U HAVE BEEN FOUND JUST NOT THE WAY THAT WE ALL HOPE ….MAY GOD BE WITH YOUR FAMILY AT THIS VERY TRADEGIC TIME IN THEIR LIVES.. ALSO MAY GOD BE WITH THE OTHER VICTIMS FAMILY AS WELL THEY WILL NEED IT TO……….RIP PHYLICIA

46. Owings Mills says:

Can’t wait to see how this one plays out. Unlike those who speculate, I’ll sit back and wait for the real story to come out.

47. KB says:

This is a place to leave comments for Phylicia and her family. Stop arguing with eachother and being so disrepectful at a time like this. RIP Phylicia. My heart goes out to you and your family. You were a beautiful girl.

48. Tina Marie Clark says:

‎ ” If I’m Your Next Victim”

“You” and those like you, who makes such a beautiful place
    “God created called Earth” so unsafe, here’s some food for thought
    for you today, you hide in unseen places waiting for unsuspecting
    faces, who are unaware of your deadly stare, how did your life get
    on such an evil course? Is your heart still there, do it have remorse?

It’s you who will die a million deaths, yet never die, because there’s
    no room for you up high. Hell will drop lower to accommodate your
    rotten soul, my face is what you’ll see every time your eyes close!

“If I’m A child” you have taken, those of you who search for me and pray
    for my safety from my heart you are appreciated, yet if in their twisted
    mind they decide my demise, my body please don’t hide, so I’m returned
    to those who truly love me, for once in your life, do something right!

Also deliver this message to my family & friends, tell them to live life to
    the fullest for me and for them, and not to let an animal such as yourself take
    away their happiness, this poem’s sadly a sign of the times, it was created in
    the hopes of changing minds, about committing such unthinkable crimes!
    I’ve chosen to be another voice for those who’s voice has been stubbed out
    or silenced from your unsuspecting,undeserving and unnecessary violence!

So ” If I’m Your Next Victim” and I pray to “God” I’m not
    I pray that it means either voluntarily or forced
    ” Your Crime Spree Has Stopped! ”

Poet: Tina Marie Clark
    lyricistleo59@yahoo.com
    @2009

Dedicated To: The Families And Victims, of Unsolved and Solved
    Abductions and Murders ” You’re No Alone “

49. Travis Quintin Jackson says:

My opinion is that her sister had something to do with. cause at the she went missing her sister was throwing a party and there was a lot of men there and everybody knows what could happen where theres a lot of men getting drunk and high.

1. Heart1957 says:

travis ! I’m with you ,i think the sister and her boy friend had something to do with this.the sister could of been jealous of miss Barnes,the sisters boy friend was blackmaling miss Barnes sister! !and when the boy friend made a pass at miss Barnes and the sister saw this,the sister did”nt like it but, she was being blackmaled so the sister gave up miss Barnes to the boy friend to save her own neck.

50. yes i did says:

They say that when religion gets involved all common sense leaves the room.
    All you religious nut jobs are testament to this.
    There is no God you – one day when you find common sense you’ll realize how silly you all are.
    RIP sorry for the family – very tragic, most awful.

1. mac says:

YES I DID, ARE YOU THE ONE THAT DID THE KILLING BEING A GOD HATER. YOU SHOULD BE HATING YOUR FATHER THAT HAS ENSLAVED YOUR TWISTED MISLEAD CONFUSE LOST MIND. WELL, LET ME TELL YOU THE DEVIL HAS A RELIGION TOO,THAT IS CALLED WINNING ALL LOST SOUL TO HELL WHEN YOU DIE.PLUS HE CHANGE THE SABBATH TO SUNDAY. TRICKING PEOPLE TO WORSHIP A SUN GOD ON SUNDAY. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE FALLEN AWAY TO SATAN THE DEVIL FALSE DOCTRINES TWISTING THE TRUTH INTO A LIE. ONCE AND THEN THE SECOND DEATH DURING THE TIME OF JUDGMENT WHEN THE REAL CHRIST-JESUS CHRIST RETURN !. YOUR CLOSE TRICKED MIND IS SO DEEP INTO DARKNESS UNTIL IT WILL TAKE THE HAND OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD TO REBUKE THOSE GOAT SHAPE DEMON S OUT OF YOUR DRY BONE IN ORDER TO SAVE YOU. YOU ARE PASS CRAZY. YOU SPEAK LIKE A MAD DOG THE LAY DOWN AND ROLLING AROUND IN THEIR OWN VOMIT.SO BE IT. THANK GOD THAT I AM SO IN LOVE WITH GOD UNTIL THE TRUE BELIEVERS OF GOD IS SEEN BY YOU TO BE NUTTY. WELL MY GOD IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS, SATAN THE CREATURE CAN NEVER CREATE NOTHING BUT THE HELL THAT HE IS SURELY GOING TO. YOU NEED TO REPENT. GOD STILL LOVE YOU. GOD DO NOT WANT TO DESTROY BUT IF YOU DON’T CHANGE AND HONOR GOD OUR CREATOR. THEN IT ‘S OVER FOR YOU AND YOUR TYPE.

51. News On Demand says:

What is amazing is that a person can travel over an hour or two hours to Pennsylvania to dump a person or even dump cars in rivers. In theory, the person wants to get away with the crime in fear of getting the death penalty if caught. Police even say the world is getting more dangerous due to kidnappings and auto thefts. What is your take on these issues?

1. mac says:

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DO AUTO THEFTS AND THEORY HAVE TO DO WITH THE 2 BODIES THAT WERE FOUND .NO BODY DON’T CARE ABOUT NO DUMP CAR IN THE RIVER AS LONG AS NO BODIES ARE IN THE CAR. YOU ARE OFF THE HOOK CRAZY.

52. marla says:

For mom and dad
    i feel your pain – i lost my 25 year old son last year. you have a long road ahead of you and may you have the support system i had during my tragedy. i am so very sorry you have lost her. so many unanswered questions. my heart aches for everyone who loved her. RIP Phyicia

1. news On Damand says:

The lady had a good career and someone took it away. A person with nothing to lose and angry with the world would do something like this. We were fortunate to be raised in some good neighborhoods but I have acquaintences that are alive today due to a good samaritan or just a stroke of coincidence. Montgomery Village is not like it was five years ago.

2. bernard F Mc Kernan says:

Maria, That is a terrible loss & not even time can heal those wounds. I pray that on judgement day all will be made whole again for you & yours. My condolences.

53. News On Damand says:

Montgomery Village, Maryland in Herrington Cove on Smoothstone Way used to be a safe place to raise a family but a 180 degree turn has happened in the last few years and this coming October, we may move to a place in Tennessee when our family gets a hold of some good money somewhere and our jobs aren’t producing enough money but we would like to put a down payment on a townhouse in an area in Tennessee. The woods of Tennessee have nice parks and we would like to have a home and business in an area that is near a nice lake or river so our sons and daughters can go out and fish on the lake or river. We want to get away from the violent crime here in Montgomery Village, Md. because the neighborhood on Smoothstone Way is deteriorating by the hour as police say too.

1. mattie says:

NEWS ON DEMAND, GET OUT OF YOUR PLASTIC BUBBLE AND SEE THE REAL WORLD. YOU NEED TO START READING YOUR BIBLE AND ASK GOD FOR REAL UNDERSTANDING. WE ARE LIVING IN THE END TIMES. LEARN THE PROPHECIES OF GOD. CRIMES IS ALL OVER THE WHOLE EARTH. THINGS WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY BETTER. GOD IS JUDGING THE WHOLE WORLD. YOU AND YOUR LOVE ONE NEED TO REPENT AND TURN COMPLETELY TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD. THERE WILL SOON BE NOT A SAFE PLACE IN THIS WORLD WHEN THE ONE WORLD ORDER (GOVERNMENT) WILL RULE THIS PRESENT SYSTEM OF THINGS THAT WILL BE CONTROLLED BY SATAN THE DEVIL. YOUR MOVING TO TENNESSEE IS NOT GOING STOP THE HAND WRITINGS THAT JEHOVAH GOD HAS WRITTEN ON THE WALL. NO STONE WILL BE LET UN-TURN… GET READY FOR JESUS CHRIST 2ND RETURN IN THE FLESH. BE GLAD AND THANK JEHOVAH GOD FOR HIS BLESSING. BE GLAD THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL BE COMING TO END ALL EVIL. I PREY FOR YOU ALL !. LOOK AT THE WORLD NEWS AND WATCH GOD’S PROPHECIES COME TO REVEAL THE TRUTH OF GOD POWER.

2. sheriff says:

News, STFU UP U illiterate stiff necked dic head.

54. mac says:

i wonder if a police officer committed the crimes ? facts.. she went to dss and was refuse any type of help. she left her half sister apartment at night to go to the store but yet she carried no I.D. and not credit card nor pocket book. no one seen her arrived at no type of store locations. no car I.D. in the case. none of the two founded victim clothing were found. this is not the norm !!!!!! between the father, half-sister, ex-boy friend and a police officer of some one she meet on her way to MARYLAND. that group know what happen. in today world family members are never to be trusted. trust no one.

55. urnotfunny says:

Thoughts for the family at this difficult time. She was seemingly a great kid with a great future that she will never see. Rest in peace Phylicia!

56. Robert says:

This is a terrible ending to this saga, but one must wonder why so much attention is being given to her, while the dead male hardly gets mention. What makes her death so much more important than the unidentified man found just 4 miles away? Can anyone explain this to those of us wondering?

1. mattie says:

yes, i can explain why so much attention is bring focus on the P. Barnes case more so then the unidentified man body that was also found. Phylicia Barnes was a special child of God. sure , God also used the unidentified man also. these cases will reveal the power of God power in all things. Their death is being used as a tool to win lost souls !
      example- a lot of comments are from true believers of the almighty God. it is God power that is drawing people together to see and witness the truth. i prayed and have strong faith that that mountain will be moved by the hand of Jesus Christ. you have to understand one thing. the convector’s of these hidden crimes are right now being convicted in order to be save. Miss. Barnes work is completed. her peace is with God. the man that was found near miss. Barnes body, was a hero he gave his life to help save P. Barnes life. The young man was or maybe had been mislead and force against his will in the act of the crime that was being committed against P. Barnes and realize she was helpless. so they killed him too.

57. MAF says:

I am baffled. Mac…why would you think Phylicia went to DSS? Let us suppose that she did. What would be a reason a 16 year old would go to DSS? She is a minor and the only thing I can think of would be for her to make a complaint of abuse and or neglect. I do not think that is the case. She was well cared for by her mother and Phylicia came to Baltimore to visit her half sisters. There would be no reason for any DSS involvement. Now, her half sisters could have done a better job in making sure that she was well supervised and If I was Deena, I would have never allowed my ex boyfriend access to the apartment especially since we broke up. I don’t think she took proper precautions in this case.

1. sheriff willie says:

She was pregnant perhaps?

2. Ayesha Livinlife Fields says:

They said she left the apt. with slipper n no cellphone. It dont sound right, her sister knows something else.Why would the sister boyfriend get an lawyer. Something happen in her sister apt, she seen it, they killed her dumped her body hoping she never get found. Cant trust noone.

3. mac says:

get to know all of the details that have been listed within the news reports. a statement was made that phylicia barnes went to the department of social services and told them that she was homeless. due to the fact she was only 16 yrs. old they turned her away, not helping her at all. something need to be done with agencies like dss refusinh to help a young person when they are reaching out for help. what do how she look have to do with what she may have been force to deal with all alone. get real MAF !!!!
      EVERY THING THAT SHINE IS NOT ALWAYS GOLD,

58. MES says:

I think this was rape gone bad “Not that any rape is good” I believe two or more men rape her..But when one of the men wanted to stop, but the other(s) didn’t want him telling anyone….I wouldn’t be surprised if the unknown male knows the sisters ex-boyfriend. They left a huge clue by killing the other male!

1. X marker says:

hopefully–like U said all avenues will be explored. She was from another state –that river runs deep but nowhere near her home state.

59. TONI says:

RIP… WHO I CANT BELIVEVE THIS HER OWN SISTER WOW!!1 IM SO SORRY FOR PHYLICIA RIP ….RIP ,…RIP! GOD DIDNT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU! GOD LOVE YOU ! HAVE FUN RESTING WITH GOD WE LOVE YOU!

60. angie johnson says:

THIS IS SO SAD I WAS PRAYING FOR A SAFE RETURN. MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY. I AM CURRENTLY DEALING WITH MY 16 YEAR OLD MISSING AN THIS HAS JUST MADE MY FEARS GROW EVEN WORSE. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU GUYS.

1. Shirley says:

My prayers are also with you that you may find your 16 year old safe…

61. angie johnson says:

it is just sad that this had to happen to a child to any one as far as that goes i just pray that they find who is responsible

62. Layla says:

I do not believe she was killed where she was found
    She was murdered elsewhere and her body dumped
    where no one would look for her
    Someone very close knows exactly what happened and
    is not speaking up, but it will be revealed
    by the middle of May

RIP dear Alicia

63. reality2011 says:

All i can say is wow @ some of the comments i have read about this. Many of you have lost total site of what has happened to this precious jewel.

64. Kayla Todd says:

i am so sorry that sumthing like this happend. she isn will always be a beautiful gurl and i pray that the people whodid this to her suffer the way they made her family suffer. i do also pray that her sister hadnuffn to do with what happend to her sister but i pray that her family can make it thru this rough time, n i pray there hearts can smile at the fact that she is in heaven now with god smilling down at them!!! R.I.P Phylicia, i pray u get the justice you deserve

65. SYJ says:

I have read some of these messages,. Now, if it was accidental, why was she “naked”? Just a question. Don’t anybody get upset. The only people who know about who did this, is Phyllicia & her killer or killers. My condolences go out to her family & her friends. My condolences also go out to this man’s family and friends & all of my prayers.

66. Heart 1957 says:

Come on i’ve heard enough drugs? please go back to the table and try again.I pray for both families this is such a sad thing.I think the youg man that was found with miss Barnes may have known to much about her death,could of known who the killer was and he was killed too,or the young man could of tryed to help miss Barnes we don’t know.none of us will rest or feel safe untill the killer or killers are caught.this hit home with me to, i have a daughter also and i”m from Baltimore but live here in north carolina miss Barnes hometown.God bless us all.

67. mattie says:

this message is for the person or people that kill .

God commandment you shall not kill , you shall not covet, etc..

What is causing the quarrels and fights among you ? Isn’t it the whole army of evil desires at war within you ? you want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are Jealous for what other’s have, and you can’t possess it, so you fight and quarrel to take it away from them. And yet the reason you don’t have what you want is that you don’t ask God for it. And even when you do ask, you don’t get it because your whole motive is wrong. You only want what will give you pleasure. Be wretched and mourn and weep. you do not know what tomorrow will bring, what is life ? So who ever know the right thing to do and fails to do, for him it is SIN. ( read ) James 4: 3, 9, 14, 17.
    The sea gave up the DEAD THAT WERE IN IT, ( read ) 20:13
    For there is NOTHING hidden that will not be DISCLOSED ( read ) Luke 8:17
    Jehovah ( Elohiym ) is God ! It is The almighty God Power That Reveal the Dead Bodies From The River. You see you hidden the bodies in the water and it is the Great I Am…. Holy Spirit…God’s Power in the name of Jesus Christ, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords in the Blood of the Lamb that reveal the dead bodies that you cast out at sea.YOU can run sinner man, but you can’t hide. God know, hear and see everything !!!!! amen It is Well…..! HALLELUJAH ! THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST….!!!!!!!!!!

1. mattie says:

THE SEA GAVE UP THE DEAD THAT WAS IN IT. ( READ ) REVELATION 20 VERSE 13. ( BODY OF WATER- THE SUSQUEHANNA RIVER, THE 2 BODIES THAT WAS REVEALED OUT OF THE WATER WAS (1) PHYLICIA BARNES AND (2) THE UNKNOWN DEAD MAN. BOTH BOTH WERE FOUND NAKED)..

1. sheriff says:

Conowingo is a great place for bung-holing young dudes *& corn holing (anal) girls.
        That’s why they call it Damm!

68. Melissa` says:

My heart goes out to Phylicia’s mom and family. I have been following this case since the beginning and I am sad to see it end this way. I pray that the detectives will find the person(s) responsible for this. May you rest in peace and your mom find strength through Christ.

69. RIP says:

I have a strong feeling that there was jealously that came into play on this case. She was so beautiful. and sadly to say girls tend to get jealous family member or not. someone guy could of been putting there full attention on her beautiful soul, and i have seen it before girls can be nasty and if they feel that there “man” might want someone else theyll do whatever. Take a look at that those young girls who beat a women in McDonalds for no reason.

70. MAF says:

MAC…I don’t know why you are on the defensive with your comment. I was curious as to how you came up with your theory re. DSS. First of all, she did not go to DSS. The story came out initially that she went to a homeless shelter on Guilford Ave. and was turned away due to her age. The news station reported later that the story was not true and Phylicia never went to the homeless shelter. Believe me, if Phylicia had walked in the homeless shelter, there would have been camera footage of her entering in and out of the shelter and the police are not stupid. I was employed for DSS for over 34 years and if Phylicia had gone to the agency seeking help, her parents would have been notified. If a child (I am not talking about Phylicia) comes to the agency is in need of protection due to abuse and or neglect, the child would be placed in foster care and the parents would still know the legal situation and would be notified re. their child. MAC your comment about me getting real is not necessary at all a time like this. We are sad about this girl and want justice for her. I know people are going to have their opinions about what happened to Phylicia but the bottom line is we don’t need to bash each other. Have a nice day.

71. MAF says:

I think Robert we do care about this man, it is just he has not been identified and we can’t be sure there is a connection. What is troubling is that a family member has not reported this person missing and it is sad or at least no one has come forward on behalf of this man. Phylicia, on the other hand was reported missing. She is a child who was visiting from N.C. Her case needed the media attention in the effort to locate her. Most of us have been following this story since she disappeared and it is so heartbreaking for all of us including her family. My heart breaks every time I look at her picture and to think that someone could be so evil and so cruel to harm her. I hope she continues to get media attention so that the people/person responsible will be brought to justice.

72. Really? says:

Are people really that naive? She was probably killed in Baltimore and dumped in the River. Why? Because who would have thought to look for her in Harford/Cecil County let alone in the cold waters at the dam. It’s just like the case of the little girl Marciana Ringo. The monster of a man brought her all the way here to Joppatowne, killed her and left her to die, thinking nobody would ever look here for her! It disgusts me that Harford County has become Baltimore’s body dumping ground. And please dont give me the, ” how do you know what happened” BS. I dont know what happened but realistically why else would she have willingly been all the way up at Conowingo not knowing the area?
    With all that said, this is such a sad story. As a mother myself of 3 beautiful children, I cant begin to imagine what the poor girl’s mother is going through. Such a senseless death of beautiful girl with so much potential.

73. Arnold G. Burr says:

This is another prediction Arnold the T.V. man. The 2000 tape feed.

74. smdh says:

where the hell is the sister and her boyfriend and why are they not investigated?????

1. sheriff says:

SMDH, THEY were looked at everywhere, even had a colonoscopy. Don’t you read dummy?

75. Arnold G. Burr says:

nobody knows for sure,i think the man killed her.I think jumped with her,held her tight,prevented her from escaping.I believed hyper-thermia set in.I sense murder-suicide.

1. Arnold G. Burr says:

I’m replying to myself,nobody get confused.I believe she was,held in a undisclosed location,prior to death,maybe a vacant building.Arnold the psychic.God tape,M.R. television

1. sheriff says:

Arnie Burr, You’re crazier than a s…..t house rat.

2. joan says:

ARNOLD ! YOU NEED TO STOP USING CRACK! YOUR POOR BRAIN IS GONE ….

3. sheriff says:

Arnie Burr, Are you sniffing crack again, the white powder or a$$ cracks?

76. Valentine says:

This young lady will never be forgotten.. May you rest in peace Phylicia I am so sad that this happened to you I hope your family and the family of the man will find some comfort in the arms of The Lord. What a sad Easter for this family. I still have the missing person flyer of her and I will never throw it away it will for ever be posted on my wall as a reminder of how quickly bad things can happen. I am just so sad that this happened to her in my home town,being though she was visiting from another state that she never got to go back to.

e

77. mdshwty81 says:

I’m not sure what happened, but the truth will come out in the end. I believe she and the unidentified man might have overdosed on some drugs and whoever she was with freaked out undressed them both and threw them in the water. She has no evidence of trama to her body and i don’t know about the other man found so i’m not sure. All I know is heaven has an angel. Rip

78. mattie says:

NOTE….. THIS CASE RELATED TO THE 2 VICTIMS, P, BARNES AND THE UNKNOWN MAN IS NOT OF THE NORM !! IT SEEM LIKE THEY WERE BOTH THE RITUAL HUMAN SACRIFICE. PRESENT- DAY SECULAR LAW TREAT IT AS ” MURDER”.( 2ND CORINTHIANS 11: 14). THAT IS WHY THE CASES ARE BEING HANDLE AS A ” MYSTERY”. THE MASQUERADE SPIRITUAL WAR FARE ! (FACT) DEMONIC POWER SPIRITS COME THROUGH THE INCANTATION AND SPELLS ARE DERIVED FROM DEMONIC FORCES, NOT FROM GOD.
    THESES FORCES ARE MANIFESTED THROUGH PEOPLE WHO CONTRADICT GOD’S TEACHING AND OPEN THEMSELVES UP TO THEIR DARK AND DECEPTIVE INFLUENCE ( LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SISTER, THE EX-BOY FRIEND AND THE EVENT- THE PARTY).
    NOW BEFORE YOU DISMISS THIS OUT RIGHT, THESE DARK FORCES IMPERSONATE VARIOUS DEITIES IN ORDER TO DECEIVE YOU !
    DEMONIC FORCES ARE NOT DUMB AND CAN EASILY GET PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS GOOD OR RIGHT. ALL THE WHILE DECEIVING THAT PERSON OR PEOPLE INTO CONTINUING WITH WHAT THEY SET OUT TO DESTROY. WE ARE NOW LIVING IN ” CRITICAL TIMES HARD TO DEAL WITH….ETC.( READ ) 2ND TIMOTHY 3:1-17, JAMES 3: 13-16, 1ST TIMOTHY 4: 1-3, EPHESIANS 6:11-12, EPHESIANS 4: 1-3, MATTHEW 5: 1-20, ISAIAH 1:1-31 AND 2ND PETER 2: 1.

1. williejoe says:

Mattie, STFU U dumb a$$ Nigga.

79. mac says:

i don’t know, a lot of people is playing around with voodoo……no joke. Satan have a strong hold on people. . Barnes sister could not look directly in to the TV camera. i do believe if it was not for p. Barnes sister, that girl would still be alive today. she is no good. cutting her eyes at p. Barnes mother. my question is. did p. Barnes half sister and p. Barnes mother get along with each other some time a half don’t make a whole. there was so tension in that family before this mess took place.

80. na says:

niggard people has now started to get on my nerve with going against each other. it’s to a point i can’t stand being around my own race of people. when i was p.Barnes age we had to worry about the KKK now we got to worry about niggard shy from morning, noon to night. d…..m no justice one way or another. for get a yo and their broke down slave train self. what kind of dumbness is going to drop out of school, sell drugs and the dumb yo’s don’t have enough money for the selves to buy a roll of toilet paper but still they set out to kill another person of their own race for nothing. why do the law allow that trash to remain on the streets in the state of maryland. what good is a yo gang banger nothing but the walking dead. then good kids like p. barnes is force to suffer . now we got to deal with the grand father yo. they are nothing but a dark curse from hell. the president told a bold face lie about change will come. we have not over came nothing. he need to change all of this confusion.

81. New Dimensions says:

Even on the Topix.com blogs that people are expressing concern as to how a person can be so brazen and determined to kidnap a college girl and drive two hours up north to Pennsylvania to rob, rape, murder and dump the college girl in the Susquehanna River near the Conowingo Dam or something. I guess that the person has nothing to lose and is angry with the world in general. There are cars dumped in rivers after being cut up and this is a trend that police are saying. They say that they are finding bodyparts of people and carparts in rivers and kidnappings and auto thefts from colleges and shopping centers are happening more and more and this spring and summer will be a record year as Montgomery County Police say here in the Gaithersburg/Germantown sectors of this region.

82. DM says:

I TRULY BELIEVE THAT YOUNG GIRL P.BARNES WAS HINDING SOMETHING OR FROM SOME ONE. THAT SITUATION MIGHT HAVE FIRST TAKEN PLACE AT HER HOME TOWN IN NOT CAROLINA THAT FOLLOW HER ALL THE WAY UP TO MARYLAND. WITH ALL THE DANGERS AND KILLINGS THAT IS HAPPENING TO YOUNG PEOPLE. I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY NEITHER PARENT WOULD OVER LOOK MANY MAJOR FACTS AT WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO A YOUNG 16 YR OLD TEEN. I MEAN WHAT THE PARENT FELT SHE WAS IN A PROTECTED PLASTIC BUBBLE AND THEN SEND HER IN A HARD HIT DRUG DEALING AREA WHERE THERE IS NOTHING BUT GANGS, DRUG, SEX, AND NOW ANOTHER DEATH FOR WHAT EVER UNKNOWN REASON. I HAVE TO SAY, THE PARENTS BROUGHT THIS SITUATION ON THEM SELVE. TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS A WASTE. SHE WAS STILL A CHILD. AND THEY TREATED P. BARNES LIKE AN ADULT. THAT KID HAD SOME BIG ISSUES THAT EVEN AN ADULT SOME TIMES WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO WORK OUT. I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR BOTH PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBER THAT THIS DID HAPPEN. FOR THE UNKNOWN YOUNG MAN. MY PRAYER’S ARE WITH HIS FAMILY TOO. THIS SITUATION SERVE AS A WARNING TO ALL PARENTS. NEVER PLACE YOUR KIDS IN A DANGEROUS SITUATION NOR QUESTIONABLE PEOPLE.

83. DM says:

that young girl barnes was trying to escape something. just because she was well provided for do not erase errors. her mother and step father, her father and all his fly by night women, her half sister and her ex-boy friend and all his gang members. the poor unknown naked young man. out of all of the people the real truth will stand. my question why was p. barnes being push away ? leaving her half sister apartment with bed room slippers on in the heart of winter, no one have not made one statement about which store she was seen at. she had a cell phone and credit card. she didn’t carry with her self when she left her half sister place. the 16 yr old is left in the apartment with a sex driven yo-. dog. the half sister left her little sister in that apartment alone with her then boy friend. p. barnes father is no where to be found. no body called to check on her or her where about, whom she was with, why did she go to the store along and not carry the cell phone, credit card, no winter shoes, etc. stop the mafness. go right back to the night of that so call fake party. party, it was told to have seen a lot of men in and out of that apartment. well we all know there is no party with out the honey. so where was the women that attended that eventful party. i feel it was all a made up LIE ! to try to cover up about what really happen to that young girl-p. barnes. round up evert body from the school mates, her mother, her daddy, step daddy, brothers, half- sister, family members, all of them. because i feel a big snake that swollow up the little bate !
    people fail to relize, there is just as many porfessional people that hind behind there titles and positions, cars, fancy houses, expensive items, that make more and bigger drug deals that you can start to count. then they use the fatherless boys to do their dirt and to kill each other while the professional run all the way to the bank. p. father some thing is not right about that man. him and his daughter along with the half sister boy friend know just what happen to p. Barnes. the funeral is going to be the major player. the appointed kille(s)r always shown to confirm the dearth. please, don’t say nothing about the family. family members today will sell their own soul along with their mother’s soul to the devil. family don’t mean S…….T .

84. allen says:

P. BARNES AND THE UNKNOWN CRIME SEEM LIKE A MOB PROFESSIONAL HIT.
    EVERY ONE IS GOING TO BE SHOCK AT THE REASON WHY P.BARNES AND THE UNKNOWN MAN WAS FOUND DEAD IN THAT RIVER. THAT’S SOME HEAVY MESS.
    THE 2 VICTIMS SEEM LIKE THEY WERE THE BATE IN THAT CRIME SITUATION.

85. mike says:

why do i keep getting a feeling that a police officer or some one with in the legal system that have a lot of contact have some thing to do with this crime related to both victims. this is not your everyday crime issues. why is so might being said about p. barnes and very little about the unknown man. where is his family, what was his race, where is his dental records. why have the news station post an award about any given information about him. was he ever reported missing or is he also from out of town too. they should have his dental records by now. that unknown man have just as much right for his case to be handle in the same like manner as p. barnes crime case is handle. poor black men get no respect at all. that why they are fools to kill each other. before i will sell a bunnle gum wrap i will get a job cleaning toilet. i can’t see sell no body drugs and guns that is destroying my own race of people nor any one. those drug and gun dealers on the streets are not the one making the big money. any body that accept that is nothing but a slave.

86. sam says:

it’s like a red cloud is over this complete earth. kids can’t be kids no more. some thing got to be done. too many children and young adults are lossing thier lives. when you are young, life is to make you feel like heaven. kids are to have clean fun, to be protected at all times by the adults that are all around them. teens are to be thrill about school, home, friends, familys, just having a ball with life. now kids can’t visit thier families, enjoy clean safe, fun activities. it’s like people are locked behind doors waiting for death to come. this have to be the time of the ending of the system of all things according to the holy bible and all of god end time prophecies that explain why so much hate and evil is controlling almost everything in life. very little joy is left in this world. i am sadden every day that people are made to suffer and die. i be so glad when god will end all evil. god bless everyone. please have a bless and safe day. god love us all.

87. What? says:

I think the truth is hidden within the family. It’s only a matter of time Barnes’ before the truth comes out.

88. lovestandsalone says:

Are these opinions and statments of hate and beliefs any better then the killer actions, please know that some of the family maybe reading your words you write …….. its not God or life that cause hate its people and the way you think….. so sad.

89. Joanne says:

Some of these comments are so puzzling. The river does run clear up to, I think, New York. The Conowingo Dam is no where close to I95, so Mary you can’t possibly see it driving up that way. Also, the dam is not in “northern Harford/lower Cecil”, it is in the upper portion of both Harford & Cecil.

Everyone should keep focused and wish the family prayers that answers will come. My deepest sympathies to all involved.

90. LAURE WILSON says:

rest in peace phylicia barnes. prayers go out to her mom and father ,family and friends.I FEEL THIS YOUNG LADY WAS TAKEN AGAINST HER WILL FROM THAT APT.YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL IN ALLOWING EVERYONE IN YOUR HOME.BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES NOT HAVE GOOD INTENSIONSAND I DON’TCARE WHO THEY ARE.WE HAVE TO PROTECT OUR LOVED ONES NO MATTER THE AGE.

91. layla220 says:

I do not believe the police will be able to find the answers right now
    and may not for a few years until another similar crime happens
    unfortunately. I do feel it was a murder, someone knew too much

I still feel this is family related and someone knows exactly how this
    happened but is fearful to speak up even though they are not
    directly involved

It is time for the family to put this behind them and to celebrate
    Phylicia’s life not continue to mourn her death. I do not think
    Phylicia would want that

My prayers to her family and friends

RIP Phylicia