WATCH: CBS coverage of Army-Navy game right now on WJZ | Who Will Win? | Army-Navy 2016

4 Killed In Less Than 3 Hours In Baltimore

BALTIMORE (AP) — Police say four men were killed in three shootings in less than three hours in Baltimore overnight.

A 20-year-old man who had been shot several times walked into Shock Trauma around 11:30 p.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead a short time later. Police say he had been shot in the 700-block of North Calhoun Street.

About two hours later, a 25-year-old man was shot in the torso as he sat on steps in the 4700-block of Sayer Avenue. He was taken to Shock Trauma, where he was pronounced dead.

A half-hour later, officers were called to the 4200-block of Rokeby Road, where they found two men in their 20s fatally shot inside a car.

Police don’t believe the incidents are linked, but say they are investigating the possibility.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. Doug says:

Gee,what’s the record ?
    Next week,go for 5 in 2 hours.

2. this guy says:

I thought you said the murder rate was “down” in Baltimore, Mayor Rawlings. Thats 4 murders in one night. Apparently your eyes are closed.

3. chriscross says:

It’s not the mayors fault. How about put some blame on the people actually doing the killings

1. kerry butler says:

i think its the young ppl out of control,its preet hard to fix

4. Sandra ODell says:

why i moved out of baltimore 2 years ago couldnt even set out front on steps without people shooting at each an other really sad!

5. curt says:

Reminds me why I won’t be attending the Grand Prix in Bmore this summer –

6. Billy says:

Just another typical nite in Bulletmore and Summer ain’t even here yet

7. Jerry says:

And Dr.what’s her name want’s to keep the center of Baltimore the way it is.
    The people to blame are the shooters who keep getting let early because they were good boy’s and or girls in prison. It should be you kill somebody say good bye to family and friends cause you gonna die to. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET SOMEBODY INTO OFFICE WHO WILL GET UP AND TAKE A STAND.. BEIFELD CAN’T DO IT ON HIS OWN.

8. andy botwin says:

grandprix drivers better be wearing Kevlar

9. Robert Long says:

Well it’s easy to see whats going on in the city. They just need to seal off any way out and in to the city. And cut off everything and let the monsters finish each other off. After a few days what ever is left the survivor’s can come out alive well and done. Dust them selves off and we should be ok after a huge spike in murder. But after they kill each other the murder rate for the rest of the year should be a nice low and cruse on to 2012 lol

10. Jace says:

Uh. They never said the people were black.

1. jim says:

I didn’t read the word black anyware! But I agree shut down th city and let they have at it!!!!!

11. adam says:

It’s too bad the internet offers a handy shield of anonymity to so many wing nuts and cowards. Anyone who finds such quick recourse to blanket generalizations must surely have terminated their own educations early on. All these backwards, bigoted fools oughta find a cozy cess pool to share; there, you can enjoy your spastic hatred amongst yourselves. Stop polluting the world with your ugly, bigoted claptrap. Keep it in your own vacuous skulls. Your fetid lies and ugly souls have thoroughly sickened this white reader.

1. williejoe says:

Adam, Now that’s a name that has meant trouble from the beginning. Run along turd head.

1. jj says:

turd head? what is this 3rd grade?

12. Fight Ignorance with Education says:

TO DD
    Every black person in inner city Baltimore is NOT ON WELFARE OR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE. I work for a major SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY and the majority of our clients are CAUCASIAN. RESEARCH YOUR STATISTICS. Oh, I forgot, you only have a 5th grade education.

1. CITIZEN says:

YOU ARE WRONG IT IS A LOT OF BLACKS ON ASSISTANCES AND EVEN CHILD SUPPORT.WHEN U STEP INTO THE AGENCY ALL U SEE IS BLACKS AND MAYBE 20% WHITE.SO APPERANTLY YOU DO NOT WORK FOR A SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY .MAYBE YOU WORK TO TAKE ALL THE WHITE PEOPLES CHILDREN AWAY SO YOU CAN MAKE YOUR MONEY.GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME.THE STATISTICS ARE WRONG AND SO ARE YOU.

13. Reality Check says:

To EX-Baltimore

And when it all boils down, they, (your wonderful white people) still consider you a N*GG*R.

1. The honest 1 says:

Guess you haven’t noticed-but that word is heard more often in your communities than in the white community. Opinions like yours is the reason racism is alive and well, you hold these opinions that the colors of skin make the difference in the man. Correction good sir, it is in deed intelligence and that infamous word was used in description of a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc. Bottom line, if you don’t like stereotypes and name calling-stop acting like it and for the love of all things holy-stop saying it to each other as a greeting!

14. Ex-Baltimore says:

Reality Check:
    At least they won’t shoot me dead while feeling this way. I feel at total peace and comfort living among mostly whites. White people of today treat me far better than my fellow blacks do. Being called the an “N” has not happen to me in over 29 years! I’m telling you the truth. I can even remember it being when my mother moved us out to Randallstown in 1982 to escape the growing Baltimore violence even back then. Some white guys in a car yelled the “N” word at us on Liberty Road and we yelled the “H” word right back. This was the absolute last time I was ever called that openly. Therefore, I truly do not fear whites. It’s my fellow blacks 14 to 28 that I truly fear. However, most of my fellow black people shame and disappoint me with constant stupidity and anti-intellectualism. Go to a Tyler Perry movie in a minute, but try to take you to a science or art museum is like dragging Superman in front of a pile of Cryptonite.

15. chalkie says:

The city has 6 more murders right now then the end of April last year. The murder rate has not dropped. The city police deparment tried to take credit for what the blizzards did last year in lowering the murder rate. Anyone who votes this mayor or any of the city counsil back in deserves what they get. The chief of police needs to go and a agressive aproach to crime in the city needs to be adopted. I ive outside the city and the spill over rated is horrible. We need to band together and make a difference ourselves, since none of the political parties in this state are doing anything to help any of us. I am a democrate and I am ashammed of how this party is a bunch of bleeding hearts who only watch out for themselves. If you are not rich, you will get no help from them!!!!

16. ROBERT C. MCCREADY says:

I’AM FROM BALTIMORE, AND ALMOST SCARED TO VISIT,, MY FAMILY THERE, IT IS BAD , MY WIFE SAID SHE DOES NOT WANT TOO GO, THERE, I HAVE A BROTHER THATS LIVE’S IN CATONVILLE, BUT ITS BAD ANY WHERE YOU GO IN BALTIMORE, I THINK THE LAW NEEDS TOO STEP UP THEIR FORCE A LITTLE .

17. EX. BALTIMORE, ROBT. M. says:

I CALL BALTIMORE BE MORE CAREFUL

18. HooDatIS? says:

THE CIVIL WAR HAS ERUPTED….OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIVES……..
    JUST KIDDDING
    GOT DAMN BALTIMORE IS OFF DA CHAIN
    FIVE MORE MINUTES AND WE CAN JUST CREMATE THE CITY
    VISIT MY BLOG

19. Phi9467 says:

Most of these victims were involved in dangerous activities.

20. Corrupt FBI says:

The FBI and DEA fabricate evidence, steal from suspects and use murder to close their bad cases.

The DoJ have been harassing me for 20 years. Twenty years ago, with the help of the Defense Investigative Service DIS, they used my military background to fabricate evidence. Since that time they have been using sleep deprivation and suggestion to help fabricate evidence and since it is convenient, stealing from me.

There have also been attempts on my life. They tamper with my car. They have been trying to get corrupt Milpitas, Ca. police to use the “Sean Bell” (See wikipedia) method against me. They have been trying to setup a botched robbery/murder.

I used to write software for the DoD.

1. sheriff says:

Corrupt FBI, Son, you better get off that cheap crack cocaine.

21. Guest2 says:

And the City portrays Baltimore as becoming more safe. It is well on the well to being the murder capital of the Country. And before another purge is started to get the guns off the streets, remember it is the people behind those guns that do the killing. If they turn in the guns, the crooks are going to keep theirs and leave the average citizen defenseless and at their mercy. The police can’t be everywhere at one time. As long as the drugs are on the streets, these murders are going to be taking place and also with all of the gangs working the streets also.

1. sheriff says:

Gun sweeps weekly by random & especially by certain zip codes where known criminal activity occurs. Those found with weapons go straight to jail for five years. F…..K the NRA, they don’t have to live with these porch monkeys.

1. jim says:

I love the NRA give them all guns and it will be over soon!!!!!

2. Burzzle Smith says:

Most of the police in this city r crooked. It is the people that have migrated to this city and the younger generations that grew up without the discipline that have turned our city upside down.. The don’t beat your kids, n parents being to busy trying to cover living expenses.. Any fool who says shut down the city I hope they lock you in it with us…

22. The honest 1 says:

I say we go back the the 50’s namesake of Mob Town. Just makes more sense.

23. Bubbles says:

Recidivism is alive and well in Harm City. Sick of the lawsuits and anger toward law enforcement for shooting those who don’t obey orders and argue instead, even if they have no weapon. I’d shoot to kill if anyone came up on me, armed or not, and they were told to stop, to get down in the ground, et al. It appears there is no accountability or responsibility. Always a race issue with these people. And they wonder why there’s racism. They keep it going. I don’t feel sorry for anyone who’s shot save for innocent children and law enforcement trying to do a job with a sad pension and low pay. I know. I used to be among the ranks.

24. wolf says:

To the honest 1 Mobtown was the name bestowed upon baltimore befor the civil war