Mom Encourages Son To Fight, Expert Weighs In On Video

LANSDOWNE, Md. (WJZ)—Hundreds of people are reacting to a controversial video first aired on WJZ: a mom who says she encouraged her son to fight a bully. It ended with a violent fight and a police investigation. Did she handle it the right way?

Mike Hellgren has expert advice.

The bullying problem has generated nationwide attention in recent months. WJZ.COM has been flooded with varying comments on whether they agree with how the mom handled this. Now a psychiatrist weighs in.

Alleged bully: “I’ll beat the *** out of your son.”

Mom:  “If you beat the *** out of my son, he’s right there. Do it.”

Kelly White says she was fed up with her son being chased home, so she confronted the boy she believed was bullying him and encouraged her son to fight him.

Mom:  “Bang him in his *** face. ”

Son:  “Help me, Mom.”

Mom:  “No, get up and fight now.”

Mom:  “Get mad and *** him up.”

“As a parent, I felt I was protecting my child to stand up to this child,” White said.

Child psychiatrist Mahmood Jahromi watched WJZ’s report intently.

“This is not the usual thing you want to see in parents to encourage their children to fight like they are in the third World War,” Jahromi said.

Son: “Mom, help me.”

Mom: “Get up, now.

Son: “I can’t.”

Mom: “Get up, now.”

And  Jahromi says a parent reacting like this is rare.

“The mother was desperate,” he said. “Children handle bullies in their own ways, but the parents are there to teach them how to problem solve in socially acceptable manners.”

The mother of the other child told WJZ that her son is no bully. She was too upset to even watch the video.

Viewers responded passionately at WJZ.com. Some feel the mom on the video was in the right; others disagree.

Mom:  “He still stood up to him.  Now, chase him every day, and I bet you give him a week, and he’ll *** you up.”

So what should happen now?  Jahromi says the moms need to meet “without the children being around, to talk this over, and come to a resolution–hopefully, a peaceful resolution.”

He says they should then show the children they can get along and solve problems without resorting to violence.

Baltimore County Police say they are still reviewing the video and investigating whether any charges should be filed.

More from Mike Hellgren
Comments

1. michellefrommadison says:

Go Mom!!! Now, get your son enrolled in martial arts.

1. Jane says:

I DID THE EXACT SAME THING WHEN MY CHILD WAS LITTLE (except for the cussing). You can call this mom anything you like but you better not charge her with anything but a bad choice of her verbal skills when upset! What do you want…..to let the bully continue so that her son commits suicide or the bully really hurts him or worse, kills him?
      When my child was involved in a bullying situation, it had been going on for months. The bully threw things at my child on the way home, called her names and finally got others involved with her. The bullying only stopped when I forced my child to throw the bully to the ground and punch her in the nose. The bully quit bullying instantly! Instead of a suicide or blinding or breaking of bones….the only person hurt was the bully and she got what she deserved, a bloody nose.
      I spoke to the bully some 30 years after this incident and she said she was “jerked” back to reality when my daughter hit her and she never hurt anyone again, not even verbally.

2. Really? says:

Wow, what a fat piece of white trash! Parent of the Year, right there…….

1. fightbackmom says:

My, you are a racist bigot, now aren’t you.

1. papa_chobies says:

why is it the second anyone points out the obvious (skin color) people automatically blow the racist whistle get over it shes white, fat, and social trash. the public would be better off without her existence.

3. fightbackmom says:

When I was a child, we were taught, “Never start a fight, but always finish it.” That meant, you are peaceful, but you stand up for yourself with force if necessary. I am tired of being all PC, if you need to fight back, just do it. Kids ending fights with a few punches seems to have worked out a lot better than what happens these days. And filing “charges?” Give me a break.

1. Confounded by ignorance says:

aha… classy.

2. Danielle Gerecht says:

couldnt agree more!

1. Heather Schoolcraft says:

i couldnt have said it better danielle … U GO MOM kids need to stand up for themselfs even if it means fighting

3. RDNKKKGRL says:

I AGREE 100% WEN WE WERE GROWING UP WE WERE ALWAYS TAUGHT U CAN WALK AWAY FROM SOMEONE SAYING STUFF TO U AND CALLING U NAMES BUT IF SOMEONE HITS U U HIT BACK REGAURDLESS…..THATS HOW ME AND MY BROTHERS WERE TAUGHT AND THATS HOW I TAUGHT MY BOYS!!!!!

1. Lynn says:

Your name says it all.

4. GerryinWestminster says:

Bullies are cowards at heart, the best way to deal with one is to confront them.

1. michellefrommadison says:

Ditto. 🙂

5. Tripweaver says:

I think this mom went about this completely wrong. I was bullied my whole life, but at the end of the day, home was always a safe haven. Now that kid doesn’t even have that because he doesn’t know what that unstable mom of his is going to do next. I’m not saying the mom shouldn’t have done something. I just don’t think this was it. I won’t type what my suggestion would be, but you can safely pity any bully who targets one of my kids.

1. Juanita Cage Lewis says:

I agree; more could have been done. The young male who had bullied him was bigger and geeting the best of her son. When I heard this little boy say “help me Mom” I cried. Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate. I commend the male who reached down to break it up; I only wish I had been there for him.

2. ay yi yi says:

I agree… and I bet this child will never confide in his mother when he has a problem anymore since he will be forced to fight whomever he has the problem with.. Sad..

3. AUNT OF THE CHILD (VICTIM THAT IS BEING BULLIED) says:

Actually all of you have this so wrong!!! His home @ one time was his SAFE HAVEN its not that way anymore due to the fact that he was chased home by 25 or more kids…. He was chased right to his front door!! You have to defend yourself your entire life this child has been bullied entirely too long, and his mother did what she felt was best and believe me shes not a bad mother as alot of you seem to think shes a mother thats very protective over her kids.. This child is MY NEPHEW and as of today he cannot go to school because the situation is way worst than it was when it started. His principal called and said he cannot attend school due to the fact that hes being bullied constatnly and thrown up against lockers etc… The news needs to air this as well it is very unfair to him that he cannot receive his education and these BULLIES are able to which is very unfair nothing @ all is happpening to these other children . This is very hard for my nephew to deal with and its ridiculous that now he cant go to school, where’s all the help for these kids that are being bullied? Noone is helping with this problem @ all and its very very sad that my nephew along with the rest of the children that are bullied should have to go through this.. Someone should contact me I will tell them exactly what they need to know, my nephew called me daily crying about this one certain kid and the others also. My heart breaks for him, his mother, and his siblings and along with the rest of the children in this world that are dealing with this . I know the whole truth behind all of this, I know how his childhood is as well he has a wonderful life a loving and caring mother and he has support from his mother, his siblings and myself along with the rest of the family. People that dont know the entire situation should not judge a book by its cover!!!!

1. ha ha says:

eh… your family business is all over TV and the Internet. Exactly who do you think you’re fooling with this load of baloney? “wonderful,loving and caring mother”? how can you even say that with a straight face?

Reading the posts on this forum has been like walking into an asylum and trying to hold a coherent conversation with the inmates. Holy cow. WOW. None of you honestly couldn’t have handled this like grown ups. You all think violence is the only way to stop the violent? Baltimore is the murder capital of the world because it is populated by trash. I cannot even read another redneck hillbilly urban comment… I would sooner poke myself in the eye. (your comments on that are not necessary, I already know how you are going to react…typical garbage).

6. Ronald E. says:

The psychiatrist isn’t living in the real world.
    When has the mother of a bully ever admitted that her son would do such a thing?
    These two kids will probably become good friends now. Don’t worry about it.

7. Logan & Sophia's Mommy says:

I think she did it right! The other kid chased her kid home all the time and bullied him on top of it.Sounds like the bully was in need of a good a** beating! Only god knows what the other kid had to deal with while in school. I had a bully in middle school! Finally one day I snapped and beat her a** and she NEVER bothered me again! I was taught to never start a fight, but that if it came down that somebody wanted to fight me and they started with me, that I was to defend myself!

Congradulations Mom, defend your baby!

1. Annoyed by Garbage says:

yah! way to defend your baby!!! WHAT!!!??? are you crazy? you must be her BFF … a bunch of nuts, you are. (I used the acronym “BFF” to imply immaturity, FYI).

1. Joel Riggs says:

Yes because when you talk things out with bullies they see the error of there ways and immediately become kind gentle lovers of everybody. Thank you Jimmy Carter. People like you tell everybody that it is better to be a victim to stand up for your self. Pathetic. Get a grasp of the real world. I got money that says you work in the school system.

8. lisainodenton says:

Mom did the right thing in making her kid stand up for himself. The trauma of running home everyday will be just as great as getting beat up. Good luck in the parents working this issue out.

9. Kristy E. Wingate says:

Although I appreciate the suggestion by the Dr. with respect to speaking to the other parent – experience has proven that doesn’t always work! And my personal opinion is that the language appeared to be ENTIRELY inappropriate, the simple fact remains that she WAS protecting her child. By forcing him to protect himself and stand up to the bullying, she effectually forced him to prove to the bully that he is no longer an easy target, and the bullying will most definitely stop. People that no longer allow and accept the bullying, can’t be bullied – its’ that simple.

1. JQP says:

no, what she did was traumatize her son by not teaching him how to swim and then throwing him in the water and verbally abusing him for not just “figuring it out” while he was drowning and screaming out for her to help him! What the he11? You want him to defend himself? Then TEACH him how.

1. michellefrommadison says:

Sure JQP, just give him a gun for the next time and don’t forget to give him a few clips for all the ammo he’ll need too. 🙂

2. JQP says:

I see, you’re one of those people who only read what they want to read. The last 2 sentences of my comment read as follows: ” You want him to defend himself? Then teach him how.”. If you assumed that I was going straight for weaponry then perhaps you have issues with controlling yourself. What I was referring to was perhaps a martial arts class, you know, where they teach you how to reason first, then use bodily force only if necessary to protect your life or the life of another.

If you feel your only way out of a bad situation is violence, I am sorry for you.

2. mattie says:

excuse your simply lack of intelligences ,people of the dark ages. what jerk would take a risk in this time era and think that they are now reliving their past child hood and seemingly want to believe their twisted lies to think that in 2011 that you will take a little helpless child, and due to your mental illness to try to brain wash that same child that he could win a fight with a bully that is twice his size and that same bully is support by 25 other bullies. are the parent on this web page that agree with that little boy mother, that dumb and on drugs ?

this same bully have already whipped this little boy tail so many times until that little boy i am afraid will get a weapon and kill that bully because of fear ! or the bullies will break him down by attacking with more force or drug him up to be gang rape or make him do many acts of crime.

then what is this little boy mom going to say, what she is saying now. she was afraid for his safety. what safety is he going to have the next time he is all by him self and will have to face this same bully ,and that same group of bullies have a loaded gun !!!!!! SICK ,THIS IS SOME SICK BULL-MESS.

the judge need to lock all the parents up due to the fact they have no control over these kids behavior nor their behavior. i would hate to see these same kids 5 to 10 years from now. no good parent world take such low class and inappropriate actions. it is all POOR MORALS AND NO RESPECT for themselves. the parents are not sound, they react like junkies on a fixes.

department of social service should had remove this poor little boy out of that sorry good for nothing mother house in the first place before something really would harm this little boy’s life. the fighting is pointless and will only get worst, no issues have been proven nor problems have been resolved. this is a major waste of time.

the only thing i can see that is coming out of this total situation is these boys growing up and will be going in and out of jail, becoming school drop- outs , drug users like their parents and even selling drugs. this is a dead end conflict going no where but to the juvenile courts system.
      the question is did their mother’s ever finish their high school education, i bet the answer would be 10% or less of those parents could say yes. if they did answer yes. their grade point average would be on the level of special education.
      any parents that have high moral characters, sound standards of living would never put their child up to go out side of their homes and conduct them selves like a pack of dogs rolling around in the dirty streets for everyone to see and be glad of their children actions. this is nothing but low class white trash.

dumb, these people see the news almost everyday. the crime rate for Baltimore is very high. but still this mother and other parents like her agree to these poor little kids actions to be OK. with people like this, it explain why the crime rate will never go down due to these bad parents with extremely poor parenting skills. i feel sorry for the kids, not the parents. these little boys are mentally and emotionally suffering. I would hate to see what else is going on in those little boys homes behind the close doors !

10. ed madden says:

Well I was bullied by a boy when I was 10 years old I had run every day off the school bus! But one day he got off the before me so I beat the hell out of him. From that day on he never bother me again.Gerry is correct bullies are cowards ,but mostly it’s a cry for attention ,all they is a hug and love it’s kind of sad!

11. michellefrommadison says:

Maybe the kid should carry a tazer next time and zap the hell out of the next bully.

1. ha ha says:

You are either this crazy lady or a friend/ family member…that is clear. Maybe you should (or encourage your pal to) learn how to exercise self-control and teach your (her) son how to become a reasonable, responsible grown-up. Your comments are case-in-point… violence seems to be your only response.

1. joan says:

ha ha……the statements that have been made are only general comments that have no real contact with the parties that are involve in the news story that have been report to channel 13 news station. ( get real).

2. charles says:

HA HA YOU NEED TO STOP USING DRUGS. YOU ARE VERY SLOW WHEN IT COMES TO UNDERSTANDING ANY TYPE OF COMMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE.

3. michellefrommadison says:

Charles, in your last comment, your CAPS-LOCK key is stuck so you come across just as you said that you appear to still be on drugs. 😦

12. joan says:

DR.JAHROMI IS JUST AS NUTTY AS THE LITTLE BOY MOM THAT IS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO. IF THE ADVISED THAT THE DOCTOR SUGGESTED WORKED IN OUR TROUBLE SOCIETY THE ACT OF VIOLENCES WOULD BE VERY LOW, THERE WOULD BE NO GANGS THAT ARE CAUSING THE VIOLENCES BETWEEN OUR YOUTH TODAY.
    9 CHANCES OUT OF 10 LITTLE KIDS THAT PRACTICE VIOLENCE WOULD NEVER BECOME A GANG MEMBER. THE MEMBERSHIP OF GANG MEMBERS IN ALL RACES IS GROWING AT A ALL TIME HIGH.THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS THERE ARE SO MANY SINGLE HEAD OF HOUSE HOLD NONE TRADITIONAL FAMILIES IS A REAL THREAT TO ANY CHILD’S LIFE ! ALL DOCTORS, SOCIAL WORKERS, THE COURTS AND THE LEGAL SYSTEM NEED TO DESIGN A BETTER WAY IN THE WAY TO PUTTING A END TO THE SMOKING GUN OF THE GANGS ORGANIZATION .THAT MEAN DESTROYING THE ROOT OF THE FIRER !!! IT IS ALREADY OUT OF CONTROL. MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE LEGAL SYSTEM GOING TO DO TO STOP THIS NEW WAVE OF VIOLENCES? YOU CAN NOT USE THE MR. ROGERS GAMES PLAN INTO DAY SOCIETY ! IT JUST DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, TOO MANY KIDS AND PEOPLE ARE AND HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZE ,SERIOUSLY HURT AND HAVE LOSS THEIR LIFE FROM THIS VIOLENCE ACTIVITIES ON A DAILY RECURRENCE. SOMETHING NEED TO BE DONE AT ONCE IN ORDER TO PUT A MAJOR STOP -OUT OF THE VIOLENCE CRIMES IN MARYLAND AND ALL STATES HERE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT CAN BE DONE. THE MATTER OF THE ISSUES IS WHEN ?

1. michellefrommadison says:

You’re “Caps Lock” is stuck on. 🙂

1. annoying Michelle from madison says:

you’re annoying

13. betty says:

i also agree with joan comment. but let all adults look at the problem much deeper. lets look at why this problems between our young kids have grow completely out of control along with all social issues. the key point is ” WE THE PEOPLE HERE IN THE UNITED STATES HAVE REJESTED AND REMOVE THE LAWS OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen ! it was God that bless this country to become the most powerful nation in the world ! we have now taken on major losses after another major loss. remember all things are possible when you have faith in God, God never fails !!!! God is our Power, not human beings.

we as a nation was wrong in removing prayers out of the schools. this nation is wrong for removing Jehovah God Ten Commandments out of the courts and public places. this united states is now being punish by it’s sinful nature and rejecting God our Creator Of All Things. we rejected God, we loss the blessing of God’s power in our life and nation . united we the u.s. once stood, now divided we have fail God and our children that look for our Leadership.

This United States need to REPENT of all our Sins, and place our total Faith back with God. our great nation has suffered enough from the evils that now control this NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exodus 20th Chapter.

The United States Have Been Curse for their demonic beliefs.

1. betty says:

Deuteronomy 29: 22 (please read).

Your children who follow you in later generations and foreigners who come from distant lands will see the calamities that have fallen on the land and diseases with which the Lord has afflicted.

Ezekiel 20: 8

But they rebelled against me and would not listen to me, they did not get rid of the vile images they had set their eyes on, nor did they forsake the idols of egypt. so I said I would pour out my Wrath on them in egypt.

1. betty says:

EPHESIANS 6: 20

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the Devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil days, and having done all, to stand firm, etc…

2. ACP21 says:

You’re a nut job.

14. ha ha says:

Betty and Joan are you know…cuckoo.

1. mattie says:

to acp21 and ha ha
      how can you call God words coming from a nut. see, it is your type of kids that it seem to be OK by you to bully another kid. but what go around, surely comes around.
      when people do not fear God, then it’s just a matter of time that death comes knocking at their door. Joan and Betty are not nuts just because you are too dumb to know the true word of God’s truth. i do not like people like you. any body that disrespect people that honor the word of God are Big problems. acp21 and ha ha are Satan worshipers, and that is the reason the y have make evil twisted comments because they are dumb sick demons that are never in peace not even with in them selves. God rebuke all satanic people and spirits that do not honor you as God. they are curse and God will soon destroy all evil. amen GOOD !

15. Michael says:

Betty:

You have lost your mind. If you want to preach,buy a church.

1. betty says:

Michael………. You are a slave to sin. The true Church is not a Building.

READ: Romans 8: 5 -6

Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to “Death”, but letting the spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

Only through God’s Spirit can people begin to understand these things.

Repent, Micheal before it’s too late.

16. ACP21 says:

Politically correct responses would be for this mom to have taken her son inside and sheltered him. My son is trained in martial arts and I told my wife there was one reason for it… if he were to be bullied and there’s no other reasonable way to solve it and no adults will help with the problem, my son will kick the bully’s ass. If it gets him suspended then I will take off work that day and we’ll have the greatest day ever. I think the mother in the video was wrong in how she handled it but that boy needed to stand up for himself.

17. Deneen says:

If this child was chased home every day, why didn’t the mother teach him on the very first day how to protect himself? There is no way I would stand there and egg on this bully. What happens if the boy gets beat up? How far is she going to let him get beat? First and foremost, Mothers should protect their young and teach them to protect themselves, not throw them to wolves without any education on how to protect themselves. I firmly believe that he should not start the fight, but if it comes down to it, do finish it. He may still get beat, but at least he won’t be humilated by running away and maybe he will hurt the other kid just enough that he’s left alone. Getting the two mothers together will not solve anything. With this mother’s mentality, you are asking for another fight. What’s next? Weapons? Suicide because you are being bullied or because your mother won’t help you? Teach your children. Something is obviously missing with both these kids and their families.

18. angel says:

As a parent i cant believe what i just saw.A grown woman acting like that makes me sick.

1. michellefrommadison says:

Angel, go take some Prpto, then teach your kids to stand up for themselves as they should.

1. SO FED UP WITH TRASH says:

Michelle from Madison, is there something we should know about you? You are stuck on defending this insane woman. It is inexcusable to abuse your child this way. He is not a full grown human being with all the experience of an adult. He clearly had no idea what to do to get out of this and there he was calling for his “mother” to help him. Teach him to swim before you throw him in the pool.

2. Kari says:

michellefrommadison, sorry but you’re an idiot 🙂

19. nikiya jenkins says:

As she should have. I would’ve done the same thing. U not gon be chasing my child home this not Penn Relays. Stand up to the bully and the bully will find somebody else to pick on. Be careful because the next victim might be your child. I’m far from humble when it comes to my kids being bullied.

1. michellefrommadison says:

Bravo, nikiya jenkins, bravo!!! You are right on target. 🙂

20. Ed Byers says:

great job……..

1. mattie says:

THIS MUST BE THE VIDEO TO SHOW THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT IS TITLE “SPECIAL EDUCATION FAILED PARENTS WEEK”. THIS SUBJECT MATTER FOCUS ON THE DIRECT POINTS THAT HAS ALREADY PROVEN THE TRUE REAL FACTS…………

1. AS ADULTS, ALL PARENTS THAT WERE SPECIAL EDUCATION STUDENTS , DO NOT NOR WILL NOT EVER HAVE THE RIGHT BRAIN TO LEARN HOW .TO LEARN THE CORRECT PARENTING SKILLS IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO RUN A SAFE HOME ENVIRONMENT FOR THESE NEGLECTED LITTLE BOYS.

1. mac says:

on point, these kids parents are crack house junkies that are on and off the drug rehab programs. they don’t care about no body but the candy man that support their drug habits. the kids are just used up tickets to help keep their monthly welfare checks keep rolling in until the welfare checks are stopped and the social security welfare checks kick in that it !

you can go right down to the heart of down town Baltimore and see these walking spirit dead dogs come in and out one door from the meetings at the rehab centers. then they will chase the drug dealers down for the next fixed for the day. it is a circle-circus you hear me. also the main headquarters station location for the junkies and drug dealer is LEXINGTON MARKET ON EUTAW STREET. it is crazy and the police is standing right there watching the junkie’s children standing right there with their parents, witnessing the whole drug transaction going down.

my point is if and when you see a parent character being displayed like this little boys mother wrong conduct, you are witnessing a real junkie’s art of how they act. that same conduct is shown where every they are and in everything that those drugs addicts do daily in those little kids life. this fighting is not the only thing that is taking place in that little boy life. the video have just revealed the hidden mirrors of life behind locked doors that all. .

21. Hazel Santini says:

Obviously this child was being bullied by a child that was more dominant then the other child. If this mother doesn’t want her child picked on she needs to teach him to defend himself and to have confidence when doing so. I do believe that bullies need to be stood up to and shown they can’t get what they want in life by picking on others.
    As a parent i taught my children to do the right thing, to tell an adult and try to handle it the non violent way, however, there are times when no matter what the child may have to stand up for him/herself. be prepared for both scenarios.

22. Patricia Smith says:

actually fat mom should have went over to bully moms house and kicked her as..that works well too.

23. Zach. THE HIGH SCHOOLER says:

I have to agree with the mom! The son needed to learn to stand up for himself. having parents get involved in bullying is a total waste. you can bring the bullying to your schools administration, and 9 times out of 10 they wont do anything about! plus this kids mom isnt going to always be around to protect him. LEARN TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELF! other wise youll be a door mat for all a$$holes alike!

24. Patty Burr says:

If the Mom was that concern why didnt she walk him to and from school …

25. Just1dadspointofview says:

I just saw this on news. First off, you go mom!!! Why I say that? Moms already have a hard job being a mother. Straight up. But being a single mom raising a son who’s getting punked out everyday…..follow me on this America….that kid who was doing the bullying is very lucky the mom didn’t A) beat that kid herself or B) get one of her bigger nephews to commence to beating his azz. Not saying that the route I would have took, I’m just saying. But back to it. What this article does not state, as reported on the news, is that she actually complained to the school prior to this. Took the PC road if you will. That didn’t work. So, you know what Jr, no more running today, you’re gonna fight. If you get ya azz whoop, so be it. But this bully will know every time he puts his hands on you, he’s got a fight coming. I feel what some of you are saying about teaching him to defend his self, but you won’t learn to swim without getting wet. And FYI, she dint let him drown. He just swollowed a bit of water🙂

1. ha ha says:

oh well that’s ok then…really? scary.

2. slim says:

just 1 dad point of view !

your type of abscent father off again and on again parent hood is the main reason and explain why men are not men that can have sex to make their kid weak in almost every misguided failed purpose in these kids life and are causing the hard working family real strong men their peace of mind when the real man kid have to come in contact with your mentally and physical abuse kids that are now a direct terror to almost everyone that come into contact with, causing the tax payer million of dollars in trying to correct what your less then a real man irresponsible sorry tail will never be able to be a morally strong example of father hood,

anyone can make a baby but that do not make them a good parent.

26. Graham B. Henry Jr. says:

I grew up in a pretty tough neighborhood and I have never seen anything like that mother forcing her child to fight when he did not want too. I agree with the doctor that most children will work it out one way or the other.
    I can not imagine what that experience will do to that child.

27. RKelly says:

I think it’s ridiculous for this Mother to be charged for doing the only thing possible to help and spare her child. When one is at wits end from trying to get help to correct this situation, what do you expect? I was there with my own Daughter and she was beaten everyday coming out of school, every single day. I went in the school every day and spoke with the Teachers and Principal and NOTHING was ever done. There are too many children seriously hurt and even being killed today due to these bullies and if no one wants to stop them then our children need to stand up for themselves. What this Mom did was no worse of an experience for that Child then the continued beatings he repeatedly gets from these bullies anyway! Outside of all the cursing (well who knows, cause if I were that mad, just couldn’t say) I would do the same thing. My Grandson is now going through this and being bullied. I tell him to knock the living daylights out of them. The school has been made aware of this and as always to date does nothing! What else is there, as I said, no one helps. Especially and including the bullies parents! Unless you people actually know what this little boy has been through, and what his Mom has already tried to do to stop this, who the hell are you to judge this woman?

28. michellefrommadison says:

Go mom! And tell your boy to grow some balls and get him enrolled in martial arts training. Have him keep going till he reaches a black-belt level of competency and proficiency.

1. Ricky says:

Tell him to grow some balls? Oh hell, I hope you aren’t a parent.

29. Ricky says:

The mom had the right idea, but she went about it all wrong. If your son is asking for you help, obviously not wanting to fight and in need of help, then I don’t think she should have just kept encouraging him to fight. He clearly didn’t know how to fight or what to do as he was pinned down. What a bad parent.

30. Kari says:

@michellefrommadison, I just hope you aren’t a parent, god help your poor kids if you are!

31. sickenedbythis says:

The better way to help her child would be to enroll him in karate or some kind of martial arts, so he can learn to stand up for himself while at the same time raising his self-esteem. How good can he feel when he is begging his mom to get the bully off him and she is just screaming at him to get up??

32. Demitria says:

I don’t see nothing wrong with this because he a boy not girl he was defending himself.I wouldn’t want MY son come to me crying about someone is hitting or want to fight him and my son is not going to do nothing about it.Fighting is apart of becoming a MAN that’s the world we live in today because MOM AND DAD is not always going to protect you…..