Local

9 Evacuated From Md. Apartments For Gas Leak

View Comments
police lights

LEWISDALE, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s County firefighters have evacuated nine people from homes as a precaution because of a large natural gas line that ruptured nearby.

Fire department spokesman Mark Brady said Monday the gas line was broken near 22nd Avenue and Amherst Road.

Brady says a commander on the scene is warning the evacuation could last several hours.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,444 other followers