WATCH WJZ TUESDAY @ 11 A.M.: New Baltimore Mayor Inauguration Ceremony

Harford Co. Man Critically Injured In Altercation

JOPPA, Md. (WJZ) — A Harford County man is in critical condition at University of Maryland’s Shock Trauma after being injured in what has been initially described as a fight between neighbors.

The incident happened Friday at around 10:43 p.m. Harford County officials responded to the 500-block of Philadelphia Rd. in Joppa in response to a fight.

When they arrived they found Kent Lawing, 56, suffering from a head injury that he allegedly sustained during the altercation.

Emergency crews transported Lawing to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center. He was later flown to Shock Trauma due to the extent of his injuries.

At this time no arrests have been made. The incident is still under investigation.

Comments

1. RavenLude says:

I guess AA County is lower bumpkinville?

2. JoeFromAACounty says:

ACTUALLY, NORTH OF ARNOLD IS UPPER BUMPKINVILLE…………….FROM ARNOLD SOUTH TO EDGEWATER IS MIDDLE BUMPKINVILLE AND FROM EDGEWATER SOUTH TO THE VIRGINIA BORDER IS LOWER BUMPKINVILLE…….

3. KottaMan says:

Actually, Joppa is in Harford County….. north of Baltimore not in AA County.

4. jennifer says:

Thats My Boyfriends Uncle . Hes In Pretty Bad Condition .

5. Tired of Stupid says:

Wow! Look @ how these animals acting n it’s not in the city. No wisecracks? C’mon I know y’all have a few in u…

6. Wisecracker says:

Please ppl – why does this make the news? Because it hardly ever happens here and when it does, it’s usually Joppa or Edgewood. I lived in Glen Burnie most of my life b/f moving to Harford County and I gotta say that it is ALOT safer up here than in G.B. At least when I walk out my front door, I don’t have to step over the used needles everywhere.

7. nichole says:

I used 2 know Kent very well. He’s just a man that sticks 2 himself and a lot of friend would come 2 him. I don’t see him fighting for no reason. Harfor County really isn’t all that bad. Lived here most of my life. I’m sure people know who did it but will handle it them selves!!

8. nichole says:

Jennifer, I’m pretty sure this is the Kent I used 2 go visit every week for a while. Just 2 make sure I know its him..didn’t he have a stone company?

1. Michael says:

This is Michael, Kent’s nephew it is my uncle Kent that gotten beaten , Jennifer and nichole. He did have a stone company !

9. Tired of Stupid says:

@ Wisecracker that would be correct because u don’t need needles to snort coke n use other “recreational” drugs that some communities have problems with but is hardly in the news. Not really a Wisecracker just a plain one…come better

10. nichole says:

Michael, what injuries does he have? Is he consious? I knew him very well. I used 2 go visit him. I met him thru my ex’s grandfather and he was really good 2 me and my youngest son. I haven’t seen him but a few times at the store in about a yr. I knew that was him when I heard the name on the news. Please tell me what his injuries are. Id love to know. Thanks

11. Krystal says:

This is kents daughter for u all that r actually concered he is progressing very well so far. Things could always take a turn for the worse but as of now things r looking good. Yes my dad use to have a stone company for the girl who says she knows my dad. N yes it will get handeled.

12. patty says:

hello i know kent’s siter and spoke to her yesterday. for all you jerks making comments that do not pertain to the incident or r just innappropriate youneed to get your priorities straight. this man could die do u understand that. he has taken a turn for the worst. he should be in your prayers like he is in mine. and if the upstanding (very sarcastic) har.co. sherriffs would stop trying to cover up for one of their own there be an arrest right now. god bless you mr. kent you treated my son like one of the family the one time you met him you are one of the few real gentleman out there