WATCH WJZ @ NOON TODAY | The Army-Navy rivalry comes to Baltimore. WJZ has live pre-game ceremonies and the game | Who Will Win? | Army-Navy 2016

Police: Girl, 12, Found Dead In Home Was Murdered

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (WJZ) — Police now say a 12-year-old girl found dead in her Gaithersburg home was murdered.

Andrea Fujii explains police have questioned several people, but haven’t made any arrests.

The medical examiner has ruled Jessica Nguyen’s death a homicide.

“I can tell you there is trauma to her upper body. I can’t comment at this time about what type of trauma,” said Amy Daun, Montgomery County Police.

Police say they were called to the family’s Gaithersburg home Tuesday night for the report of an injured child. Inside they found Jessica Nguyen dead.

They’ve questioned some of her distraught family members and towed a minivan, but so far there are no arrests.

Shocked classmates and crying mothers have paraded past the house bringing balloons and stuffed animals.

“I just think it’s really sad,” said Alexis Pineda, friend.

Investigators continue to gather evidence, but so far there’s no indication this case of child murder is close to being solved.

Nguyen attended Gaithersburg Middle School where classmates say she was always on the honor role.

Grief counselors are on hand to help students deal with the little girl’s death.

Comments

1. williejoe says:

Only took them two days to figure that out? Someone please call CSI or Dexter quick.

2. jennylynn says:

I think you mean honor roll!

3. Amanda Buchanan says:

This is really sad…..I hope whoever did this to this baby girl gets the maximum allowed by law….my prayers are with the family and all of Jessicas friends….

4. Bullfrog says:

This beautiful little girl is an ANGEL in heaven now. May her family and friends feel comfort from her guardian angel. May her beautiful smile and her laughter from the past help to comfort your hearts. Such a beautiful little girl was needed in heaven, so the angels called her home. May God Bless this entire family and their friends. Jessica, you will truly be missed, We all loved you so very very much!

5. Jeebus says:

“Honor ROLL,” not “ROLE”! My God, who are you hiring on your editorial staff?

1. SayWhaaaa says:

You beat me to it. I was about to post the same thing!

1. Jenn Kenn says:

Yeah right……LOL….Nice Try…..

6. letstellthetruth says:

May God be with the family of this child,my prayers and thoughts are with the family

7. BRENT BARBOUR says:

What? No arrests? She was found in the home!

8. Mary says:

WJZ…just about every article I read, there are numerous spelling errors. You need proofreaders….and I am interested in the job. So sad about this young girl, hope they find the person or people responsible.

9. Angel says:

This is very sad and some one knows and Justice will be served…GOD Bless the family!

10. sezmane says:

Williejoe your an idiot they need to ban ignorance do you know how long a coronors examination takes along with investigating the scene stay off here you A-hole!

11. Solid Citizen says:

“Honor role”???? How many times did the editor make the honor roll? Did these folks graduate from the Jayson Blair School of Journalism?

I hope the police find the murderer

Quo warranto, B.O.?