Fire That Displaced Residents Ruled Accidental

NEW CARROLLTON, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a two-alarm fire that displaced 120 residents from a New Carrollton apartment building has been ruled accidental.

Prince George’s County fire officials said Wednesday that a malfunctioning heating and air conditioning unit was to blame for the blaze in the 5000-block of 85th Avenue on Tuesday night.

Officials say firefighters used a ladder to rescue several people from the upper floors of the building, including an infant.

Four residents suffered minor injuries, and another 10 were treated at the scene. Officials say a firefighter also was treated at a hospital for an injury sustained while doing overhaul work.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live