Md. Woman Falls Asleep While Smoking, Starts Fire

DEALE, Md. (AP) — Anne Arundel County fire officials say a woman and her husband have been injured in a fire after she fell asleep while smoking and using oxygen.

A fire department spokesman, Capt. James Rostek, says the incident happened about 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the 5000 block of Deale Churchton Road. He says the woman suffered life-threatening burns and was flown to the burn unit at the Washington Hospital Center.

Rostek says the woman’s husband suffered minor burns and was being treated at Anne Arundel Medical Center.

He says the fire was confined to the bed.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


One Comment

  1. bmoregyrl says:

    Well duh first off no smoking while you are on O2 why in the hell would you even do that. The O2 alone can cause a fire. WOW sorry for her injuries, but she did it to herself. I think before you put O2 in a house the smokers have to sign something to say that they will not smoke or allow anyone else to smoke in the house. This is why people need to stop smoking…….

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live