Girl Gets Electrical Burns From Carnival Ride

CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) — A 17-year-old Mount Savage girl is recovering from electrical burns she apparently got from a carnival-ride power cable in western Maryland.

The Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation says the girl was injured Saturday night at the Allegany County Fair and Ag Expo near Cumberland.

Her father told the Cumberland Times-News on Monday that his daughter was burned on her hand and arm. He says she touched the cable on a ride called the Tornado, operated by Reithoffer Shows of Gibsonton, Fla.

The fair manager says a state inspector checked out the ride Sunday and deemed it safe.

A DLLR spokesman says the agency is investigating the incident.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Sylvan Finkelstein says:

    I GOT BURNED ONCE ,BUT IT WAS FROM A DIVORCE SETTLEMENT HURT JUST AS BAD AS HER BURN FELT

  2. ouchie says:

    it burns when i pee!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live