New AAA Repair Shop Opens In Baltimore County

TOWSON, Md. (WJZ)—Anyone with a car will tell you there comes a time when you need to find a mechanic you can trust.

Mike Schuh reports a well trusted name has decided to enter the auto repair field here in Baltimore.

When you think of AAA, towing and travel may come to mind.

But now they can tow you to a brand new repair facility in Towson, where they can even fix windshield chips or change the whole sheet of glass.

Car repair is an evolution for the 100-year-old nonprofit. Its 50 million members already have a strong identification with the auto club.

AAA has a real trustworthy name. To what degree does that influence customers’ decision to use its services?

“Due to all the years I’ve been dealing with them it wasn’t a second thought about it,” said Earl Kellum, AAA member/customer.

“The trust members have with the brand was a large factor in determining that we wanted to get into the car repair business,” said Don Gagnon, AAA Mid-Atlantic CEO.

Car repair has proved profitable and popular for other clubs, and it generates money for the nonprofit.

“So when we get into related services like travel, insurance, car, it helps to keep our membership rates low,” Gagnon said.

This service is open to all, but members like Kellum get a 10 percent discount.

Right now there’s the store in Towson, but if their expansion plans prove out, they are going to put in six to eight more in the next year.

At the Towson location at 1019 York Road, they are offering free glass chip repair Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., first come, first served.

More from Mike Schuh
Comments

1. gayle says:

I would like to go to the saturday morning glass chip repair, can you provide the address of the location? Thank you!!

1. Jim says:

AAA’s free auto glass chip repairs (August 13 from 10am to 3pm)

Location: 1019 York Road
      Towson, Maryland 21204
      410-616-1580

2. DAN says:

THERE ARE MANY AAA REPAIR FACILITYS IN THE AREA JUST BEACUSE IT SAYS AAA DOSENT MEAN TRUST. TRUST I N A LOCAL SHOP IS THE FACT YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE TOLD THE TRUTH. WHAT ABOUT THE LITTLE MAN I WORK FOR A LOCAL AUTO SHOP THAT HAS BEEN HERE IN THE SAME PLACE FOR 25 YEARS. YES 25 YEARS HERE IN ABINGDON DJ’S CAR CARE IS A TRUSTED SHOP TO GOTO. AND WE ARE AN AAA REPAIR FACILITY. GIVE THE LOCAL GUYS A CHANCE BEFOR YOU USE A CHAIN. WE PRIPE OUR SELVES ON HONESTY AND RETURN CUSTOMERS AND WE HAVE MANY. SO ITS NOT ALWAYS A GOOD THING THE CHIAN SHOPS COME IN IT TAKES OUT THE LOCAL GUY. HAVE PRIDE USE SMALL BUSINESS. YOU ALWAYS GET BETTER RESULTS

3. Pd Fletcher says:

for me, after working for them for 13 years, i can say with evidence, you connot trust them at all, they deployed a program that is unethical and deceptive and has cost many their businesses thru producing false surveys, just google aaa mid atlantic lawsuits and you will see, i would like to show you some evidence as well, just contact me.

4. Pd Fletcher says:

I gave them the opportunity from the territory manager to the president of AAA mid atlantic the opportunity to right the wrongs and they didnt. I am willing to go in front of anyone and show them my evidence and give them the opportunity to respond on camera so it can be shown what the symbol of AAA is suppose to stand for is in no way shape or form the way AAA mid atlantic is operated..feel free to contact me so i can show my evidence to the motoring public.

5. larry bryant says:

Paul I agree with you. There is nothing but a bunch of liars at AAA. The way the get new stores open, and new trucks is by what they take from the contractos. I have a lawsuit filed in the state of VA. And i promise you that i’m not going away, until results are made. If there is any way i can help anybody, and show them my collected evidence against AAA, contacts me.
    P.s- Thankyou for the media for helping the small towing companies out. Its a shame we arent as important as the bigger names companies like AAA. Go to RIchmondbiz.com , under search put in “lawsuits” to find out more info on the ongoing lawsuits against AAA.
    Thankyou, Larry Bryant