Md. Woman Catches Fire, Ignites Her Home
MOUNT AIRY, Md. (AP) — The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office says a Mount Airy woman is in critical condition after she caught fire in her backyard.
Cpl. Jennifer Bailey says the 54-year-old woman also ignited minor fires in the garage and home Wednesday when she went inside seeking help.
Bailey says the woman’s 84-year-old father suffered a minor burn to his right hand when he tried to extinguish the fire on his daughter.
The woman is at Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore.
Bailey says investigators aren’t sure yet what happened. But she says they found gasoline in the area where the woman caught fire.
Damage to the home was estimated at $500.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)