CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) — Officials say a fire at a federal warehouse in Cumberland was caused by an electrical malfunction in a vehicle being stored there.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal said the fire began just before 2 p.m. Monday at a Federal Emergency Management Agency building and damaged the motor coach it started in. A sprinkler system kept the fire from spreading to other vehicles. Two other motor coaches and two pickup trucks sustained minor exterior smoke damage.
It took about 40 firefighters four hours to clear smoke from the structure.
Officials say the fire caused $400,000 in damage.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)