Fire Does $400K Damage To FEMA Warehouse

CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) — Officials say a fire at a federal warehouse in Cumberland was caused by an electrical malfunction in a vehicle being stored there.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal said the fire began just before 2 p.m. Monday at a Federal Emergency Management Agency building and damaged the motor coach it started in. A sprinkler system kept the fire from spreading to other vehicles. Two other motor coaches and two pickup trucks sustained minor exterior smoke damage.

It took about 40 firefighters four hours to clear smoke from the structure.

Officials say the fire caused $400,000 in damage.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live