DISTRICT HEIGHTS, Md. (AP) — A 2-year-old girl has died after she was rescued by firefighters from a burning home in District Heights last week.
Authorities say Mariah Kendra Hood died Sunday at Children’s Hospital in Washington. She was rescued early Friday morning from a second-floor bedroom of the burning home.
When she was rescued, the girl wasn’t breathing and had no pulse. Firefighters performed CPR and took her to a hospital in critical condition.
Officials say the fire was caused by unattended cooking and has been declared accidental. A smoke alarm alerted occupants of the house to the fire.
Three adults and one child escaped the home.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)