Md. Man Dies After Carbon Monoxide Exposure

LEWISTOWN, Md. (AP) — The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office says a 43-year-old Lewistown man has died after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide.

The man was pronounced dead Thursday at Frederick Memorial Hospital. He was not identified.

The sheriff’s office says the man was found lying on the floor of a home garage on Putman Road about 5:30 p.m. Thursday. The office says a deputy saw the man through a garage window and could hear a lawn mower running.

The deputy and a neighbor who tried to help the man were both exposed to carbon monoxide. They were taken to a hospital, and were expected to be treated and released.

Volunteer firefighters aired out the house, and fire officials say the carbon monoxide levels returned to normal.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live