Howard County Makes Forbes List Of Top 10 Wealthiest Counties
Get Breaking News First
HOWARD COUNTY, Md. (WJZ)—Forbes has released its list of wealthiest counties.
Jessica Kartalija reports on the county that made the top five right in Baltimore’s backyard.
Once again, Howard County is nationally ranked as one of the best places to live.
It’s the seventh consecutive year Howard County has made the list of Forbes Magazine’s wealthiest counties in America.
Mumbles and Squeaks is a little shop on Main Street in Historic Ellicott City.
“What an honor to be chosen so many consecutive years in row,” said Ed Williams, Mumbles and Squeaks owner. “It’s very helpful, obviously, for the demographic.”
Forbes ranked Howard County as the fifth wealthiest county in the United States.
“We are a safe community. We have great quality of life and we put a huge priority on education,” said Ken Ulman, Howard County executive.
Forbes cites Howard County’s close proximity to Washington, D.C. and Baltimore as being prime locations for working families.
“What we have here is highly educated people with good jobs and, in many cases, two income-earning families,” Ulman said.
Here are the top 10 wealthiest counties with their median household income:
1. Loudoun County, Va. - $115,574
2. Falls Church City, Va. – $114,409
3. Fairfax County, Va. – $105,416
4. Los Alamos County, N.M. – $103,643
5. Howard County, Md. – $103,273
6. Hunterdon County, N.J. – $100,980
7. Douglas County, Colo. – $99,198
8. Fairfax City, Va. – $97,900
9. Somerset County, N. J. – $97,440
10. Morris County, N.J. – $96,747