Man Injured In House Fire In Fort Washington

LANDOVER, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s County fire officials say a man was injured in a house fire in Fort Washington over the weekend.

Firefighters were called to the fire in the 9300-block of Old Palmer Road about 3 a.m. Sunday, and arrived to find smoke and fire coming from the back of the home. Officials say the occupant of the house was outside, suffering from minor burn injuries.

Fire officials say the man, who is in 60s, was taken to a burn unit for treatment and was listed in good condition.

Officials say investigators believe the fire started after a stove was left on accidentally.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live