Teen Injured Igniting Illegal Fireworks
MANCHESTER, Md. (WJZ)– State fire officials are investigating how a 14-year-old boy got illegal fireworks after he ignited them and injured himself.
The incident happened in the 2400-block of Harvey Gummel Road in Manchester at 12:20 p.m. on Thursday.
The boy taped firecrackers, bottle rockets and M-80-type fireworks used by the military to simulate explosives or artillery fire, and ignited them together.
He was transported to the Johns Hopkins Pediatric Unit with burns to both hands. His injuries are non-life threatening.